Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok, i have a Kawasaki KE 100 (2-sroke)

When i jump it, as soon as it hits the ground it will bog down and then sound liek its about to die, and then kick back up.. im thinking it has something to do with the tunning of it, but my cousine did that for me, told me not to mess with it, its fine..... he went to Tennessee for a like automotive school... so he isnt around... what can i do, it never used to do that.

Also when i start riding my bike, it goes good, good power, i can get up the hill in 2nd gear. But after about 20min, to a hlf hour it startd to doe down, and i have to use 1st to go up the hill... stupid.. im going to replace the sparkplug and see if that fixes the problme, but if it doesnt.........yea...

And how do you know if you clutch is going bad?

Thanks alot if you can answer any of these questions...

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
what does the old plug look like ? sounds like your cuz has it to rich for ya (runs good when cold but not when hot) find out what all he messed with. could be as easy as turning the air screw in/out a half turn or two

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
yea.. i think i found the problem tonight.. i was riding, and as it got darker, it got cooler, and as it got cooler it ran better.. so its beenr unning rich (because the same thing is with nitro rc cars, if its cold, richen it... ill try that.. and ill get he going good... and also my cousine sad that... When we first got it (used) it needed a clucth, but ti still works and what not... is there a direst way to tell if its going bad?

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
if it starts slipping, sign of clutch going bad, and if you can't seem to adjust the clutch with your lever or your cable you may need to check the basket, if it has deep grooves in it (in my opinion) don't even mess with trying to file it down and salvage it, go buy a hinson or a pro-x, a basket made with that aircraft aluminum stuff. problems with just kindly leave.

as for the bogging when your jumping, that was happening to me and i thought i was having serious jetting issues. I searched on the forums on here about leakdown testing and found a thread about building a leakdown tester (cheaper that buying one) and i found out that i had a crankcase leak after performing the test. Fixed it and my bike has never ran so good. hope this helps, good luck!

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
ok.. ill look into it. (i hope there isnt something wrong with it) but unfortunatually.. when i was riding it to, i felt a leak, t felt like it was coming from under teh exhause (a 1 piece crappy pipe) buti couldnt fund it, but as the night went on it went ALOT better, bulled srtonger, and everything, so i knwo its a tuning issue, so ill go onto fixing that next time i ride...

Thanks alot, ill look at the cluch when i get home from school today...

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
BAD-he has a OLD bike so he will have NO CHOICE but to file down the basket if its all notched up. not a biggie ive done it on all my bikes and never had a problem. it will eventually knotch again but he will be good for a good while before having problems again.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
its not that old.. its a 2000.. Its just the newest old style bike around.. (i got it for free, no complaints) but since i gave you that bit of info will i still be able to buy a new clutch? or do i have to take it apart and file it down?

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
lol..no...i just looked on dennis kirk and a clutch for your bike is like 26 bucks..not sure about the basket though..so i don't know what he was talking about.

Clutch

ya, i'm having some trouble finding a basket. you may want to call a kaw dealer and see if they know.

Top Bottom