Bubba rumors from anaheim 2? (spoiler?)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I watched all of the A1 live season opener. 3+ hours of coverage. I listened to all of the Phoenix coverage on the internet and watched all of the tv coverage. In all that coverage, there was no mention that Bubba was riding hurt. On the track, he was amazing.

Like millions of others, I was eagerly awaiting A2.

At A2, Bubba gets 2nd fastest qualifying time. Again, no mention that he's hurt. Looking like a showdown for the main with Chad on retro night! Cool!

Then out of the blue, he pulls out of the race because of a previously unknown one month old injury! WTF???

If Bubba has had a season threatening injury for a month, why wasn't there at least one mention of it prior to A2? If there was any mention of it prior to A2, who's got a link? He lives under a microscope, but no one noticed he had a season threatening injury?

I find it very strange.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I live in Phoenix. Bubba waited till his last practice lap to be number one. Then he laid down a lap that Chad couldn't touch. In the main Bubba was on cruise control and looked smooth for once in his life. Perhaps he was hurt like he says and riding just hard enough to get the job done. The mud race at A1 would hurt anyones knee if it was questionable to start with. He closed in for a while then settled and finished second, another smart decision.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
I watched all of the A1 live season opener. 3+ hours of coverage. I listened to all of the Phoenix coverage on the internet and watched all of the tv coverage. In all that coverage, there was no mention that Bubba was riding hurt. On the track, he was amazing.

Like millions of others, I was eagerly awaiting A2.

At A2, Bubba gets 2nd fastest qualifying time. Again, no mention that he's hurt. Looking like a showdown for the main with Chad on retro night! Cool!

Then out of the blue, he pulls out of the race because of a previously unknown one month old injury! WTF???

If Bubba has had a season threatening injury for a month, why wasn't there at least one mention of it prior to A2? If there was any mention of it prior to A2, who's got a link? He lives under a microscope, but no one noticed he had a season threatening injury?

I find it very strange.

I agree with dirt bike dave, we usually are informed when riders ride with pain (especially when it's Chad Reed :)). The big question is why didn't he talk about it before A2? Sorry if I might be repeating myself.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Uhh... Chad is the one who ALWAYS let's us all know he's hurt, with of the course the "no excuses" comment added in right after he tells us...

What the hell? The guy says he's hurt and a bunch of 'net cowboys decide it's a conspiracy? Seriously? He drops out of a Championship for $200K? That's CHUMP CHANGE. He drops out because Chad can hang for a few laps?

We need to make a "Days of our Lives" Gossip site for this BS.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Reesknight said:
RacerX posted an update saying he is undergoing surgery this week, and hopes to be 100% by Glen Helen

Thanks for the info :cool: I hope he'll be healed for good when he comes back.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Okiewan said:
Seriously? He drops out of a Championship for $200K? That's CHUMP CHANGE.

We need to make a "Days of our Lives" Gossip site for this BS.

And thank you. I can't believe anyone would believe this. Reality TV is really starting to effect people's ability to draw intelligent conclusions... :think:

twilliams811

Jan 2, 2008
funny part is when he was on the podium for weeks 1 and 2 he said he was giving 100% and in his press conference in his motor home he said he clearly wasnt riding 100%. he needs to get his own story straight

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
twilliams811 said:
funny part is when he was on the podium for weeks 1 and 2 he said he was giving 100% and in his press conference in his motor home he said he clearly wasnt riding 100%. he needs to get his own story straight
I doubt if he thought that he would be racing the whole season he wanted anyone to know there was a weakness- Would be like Eli Manning saying after the Packer game "Yes I am hurt and it really bothers me when I throw a pass. I hope I can play in 2 weeks" You don't want to give out any edge to a competitor.
That said the only person I can think of that calls the press before a race to say yeah I got a hangnail this week so I will try as hard as I can but I know it is going to be brutal is none other then Reed. Kind of wants his excuse in the books in case he doesn't win :nod:

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
BigRedAF said:
Yes he does!

I like when RC said that Chad has never won a Supercross that RC or Bubba didn't crash at least once in.

This just proves that you dont need to be the faster rider to win, you need to be the better rider.
Someone that is fast and inconsistent is not as good as a moderately paced consistent rider if the fast rider is constantly getting hurt.

youngr51

Jul 20, 2004
Money runs every thing and ruins the greatest men. dont believe anything ever. Great racer or not this is a living. Endorsments pay the cadi. And conttrovrsy pays the houses

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I see him on a Red Bull/ Honda next year. That was the word going around A2 this past weekend.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Okiewan said:
Interesting.

I just emailed a buddy of mine who I've mentioned before works on the circuit for a tire company that provides tires to the factory Kawasaki team..

Not that he'll have any credible information, but hopefully he'll know something.

Update...

I just got a response from my buddy. He doesn't know if there's a contract issue or anything like that, but he has heard some things in the pits. But can't tell me about them thru email.

He did mention that he's not so happy about JBS blaming the tire guys for the supposed crash.

Just got off the phone with my friend.. The rumor going around the pits is that you may see JBS on a Yamaha next year. From what he understands, one of the new teams is courting him.

Who knows.. :think:

Last edited:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Season isn't even over and we are in the Silly Season :laugh:

Attachments

• bubba_honda.jpg
    bubba_honda.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 176

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Didn't he resign a multi-year deal w/ KMC just a couple seasons ago? Or even just last year?? I can't believe that KMC would let it happen w/o a fight... but stranger things have happened I suppose... None the less, I hope he gets it together, gets healthy and gets back on the race track on his Kawie as soon as possible and all the talk of money and sponsors can change to starts, passes and finish line antics...

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
hellbertos said:
I can't believe that KMC would let it happen w/o a fight... but stranger things have happened I suppose...

Maybe they see RV as a more valuable commodity and JS as damaged goods. :ohmy:

In other words, RV maybe the greater return on investment. :nod:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
rickyd said:
I see him on a Red Bull/ Honda next year. That was the word going around A2 this past weekend.
That seems reasonable, since he was always a red bull guy, up 'til this year when all of Kawasaki went Monster
lwsmithjr said:
The latest is a deal w/Joe Gibbs racing putting James back with J-Bone then a fast track to NASCAR.
this is one I can believe, #1 being the JBone factor, #2 being the "I wanna be like RC" factor

In all this mess, it brings a flame to mind. Energy drinks are going to be the downfall of this sport :|

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
XRpredator said:
Energy drinks are going to be the downfall of this sport :|

Maybe.

IMO, the fact that there was not a single Monster logo visible during Jame's "I'm out" announcement video speaks volumes about his relationship with Monster. FWIW, his Fox logos were very prominent.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom