braap

Mar 11, 2003
Well I really want to get a new bike my 96 CR 250 is getting a little tired but it is a green sticker bike, I really want a 03 YZ250F but it is a red sticker bike. I was just curious if someone could point me in a direction to find out more info on Red sticker rules and regs,(places and times of year that you can ride em' here in SoCal.

braap

Mar 11, 2003
Also I have a ? about out of state reg. I am not a cali resident but live here because I am in the military. If i were to go back home (Washington) and buy my YZ250F and register it at my parents house would the rules apply? Would I be able to ride it year round?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The rules are changing.

Bikes up to and including 2002 should now receive a green sticker. 2003 will get a red sticker.

If you register in another state you will need a out of state permit to ride in CA.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I just bought a used 1999 KDX220R that had both the 2001 and a 2003 green sticker. The California DMV issued me a red sticker. I made the agent at the counter show me the rule and she did. Can you provide me with the text and document that spells out that I should get a green sticker? I showed her that this bike had two previous green stickers and she said that they are catching this when bikes are sold and registered with new owners. Eight digit / charactor is a C, then you get a red sticker.

braap

Mar 11, 2003
Originally posted by RMjeff
The rules are changing.

Bikes up to and including 2002 should now receive a green sticker. 2003 will get a red sticker.

If you register in another state you will need a out of state permit to ride in CA.
Where do you get an out of state permit and how much does it cost? Will I be issued a "Red" out of state permit permit if my bike is an 03.

Top Bottom