Ceet tall foam and gripper seatcover

Red_Chili

Nov 30, 2005
Just thought I'd throw this out there for posterity. No, silly, that's POSTERITY, not POSTERIOR-ITY. :moon:

Threw on Ceet tall foam, with the Ceet two-tone (white and green sides, says 'Ceet') gripper cover. I had been warned that the Ceet foam made KTM or Yammie YZ450 saddles seem plush in comparison.

Not so! Sure, it's stiffer than the KDX saddle, and taller, and narrower (I was a tad worried about that) but the dang thing flat works. Firm but not uncomfortable, and the ergos much improved.

Also, FWIW, I don't stand as much as many feel one should - bad knees. Going from sitting to standing is just that much easier with the saddle, but sitting works fine too now that I can ride up on the tank in more comfort in the turns. Just as a frame of reference for the saddle report, there. :fft:

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
I had a Ceet tall seat foam and I thought it was as comfortable as a 2x4. :yikes: I sold it and purchased a Guts tall seat foam (soft) and competition seat cover. The foam is similar to the KDX in softness and still makes sitting to standing transitions easy on the knee. :nod:

GabeM

Apr 17, 2002
Just swithced to KTM 250 EXC, still have a KDX220 though, the seat on the KTM is much firmer, but it sure is nice to slide way up on the tank in those turns.
I rode Loretta's 3-day ride this past weekend and the rain got the trails pretty rutted. I noticed how much stiffer the seat was whenever I sat down, then it only reminded me that I should have been standing anyway. I sit because I am lazy and it only makes me more tired, and kills my kidneys.
Sitting is for cruising, not trail riding. Just my $.02

kdennan

Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, I do allot of standing. It comes with the terrain and the way I ride. Love having a tall, firm seat to meet my bum much quicker than stock. It saves so much energy. I like to butt-check the seat for compression launches off water bars or anything that promotes sky ward trajectory. The Ceet foam is perfect for that. If you like to sit and putter than the CRF 230 with a corbin saddle is the way to go! Haaa!!!

Red_Chili

Nov 30, 2005
KDX200Kev said:
I had a Ceet tall seat foam and I thought it was as comfortable as a 2x4. :yikes: I sold it and purchased a Guts tall seat foam (soft) and competition seat cover. The foam is similar to the KDX in softness and still makes sitting to standing transitions easy on the knee. :nod:

I have a Guts tall foam saddle on the XR650, and frankly find it comfy like a couch but a tad too soft- tends to do the skin-stretch monkey-butt action.

Guess that's why there are so many products out there!

Either that, or you're just trying to make this old man feel like he ain't a candy- :moon:
If so, thx!!! :aj:

I will admit I would not want the Ceet foam to be any MORE stiff though. 'Bout just right for me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom