Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
So I'm watching the 125MX on Saturday and I hear Guy Cooper after the break. They come back and give an update on what he's been doing and show them working on the track at Cooperland. I yell to my wife " Hey that's where I'm going at the end of Sept." For some reason she did get as excited as I did. Go figure ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah i saw a program that had some riding shots of Cooperland. Of course it was after i had gone so it made me miss it even more.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
They said he owns it... no longer true (as of a few years ago). He does help out around there a lot still, but it's on it's second owner since Guy... Kris Brown.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
They could do a whole story just on Kris Brown!
What a great kid. He keeps that place in perfect condition.
Hope the cooperland kitty is still slinking around...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Brownie! Brownie!! :aj: :aj: :aj:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I saw the coverage too, and I think that's what got me all amped up about Dirtweek just this past week. Sent in my $$, perusing the threads again, dreaming about the step up!!! Hanging out at Camp Tejas, sharing a Captain Morgan cocktail with Sarge and Elk. Trying to remember how many people lapped me during the Poker Run, Nikki lapping me on the track....you'd think I'd be depressed about those last two facts, but it just makes me laugh!!!!

Come on DirtWeek!! :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess
Hope the cooperland kitty is still slinking around...

Yeah, i look forward to it hanging from my screen window at night. :think:

So i can swat it off again! :laugh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
They said he owns it... no longer true (as of a few years ago). He does help out around there a lot still, but it's on it's second owner since Guy... Kris Brown.
I think they said Cooperland not Cooperland Raceway. They have called the land and tracks at Guy's house Cooperland for many years before Cooperland Raceway came into existence. Just a little local knowledge for you. :thumb:

Top Bottom