Gopeder99

Feb 21, 2006
Well heres the problems, First off I a while ago i went riding, and all of a sudden i could shift through every gear, and it wouldnt go any faster, i could give it gas and all it would do is rev alot and barley move. so im guessing its the clutch

And also My kicker skips alot, like i can barely even get it started anymore, some times itll catch but most of the time itll just skip

What parts do i need to replace?

Clutch plates?

Kicker gear?

Whats a good site that has replacment parts

and also i noticed my front brakes sometimes get stuck on

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Odds are good your clutch is shot. It may just need new plates, but the basket and hub are likely grooved as well.

The kickstarter slipping is likely a gear or a spring in the internal mechanism. It should be readily apparent when you pull the right side cover off to fix it what parts you need to order.

For the sticking brakes, get a new set of caliper pins (the ones the brake pads ride on, as yours are likely grooved and the pads become stuck. Also bleed them out and put in fresh fluid while you are at it, as yours could have water in it that is expanding when it gets hot.

For parts, you could try many places for an aftermarket clutch, but for the kickstarter Service Honda or Bikebandit sell new OEM parts online. They could also help you out with aftermarket parts as well. There are also many other places that sell OEM and aftermarket parts. Your local dealer could likely help you as well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom