sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
does anyone know the torque specs on the head? and i am having problems getting the exhaust to seal up good at the cylinder, it puffs smoke and spooge where the mount together. btw the pipe that i am putting on is a procircut if that matters.?.? :bang: any help would be greatly appreciated

uts

Jan 8, 2004
I am not familiar with your bike so I can't help with the head specs. As for the pipe mounting, is there a gasket there. Most older bikes have a metal ring kind of gasket that sits over the flange and the pipe sits over this. If this is the set up you will need to use silicon here to get it to seal properly. Other than that I can't help.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
thanks for the help, but i dont think that this is the same set up. this one the bike goes inside of the cylinder. and the pipe looks like it has a spot where a oring or something goes and i have tried several orings but could not get one to either seal or fit. well maybe i will try silicone.

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
Exhaust sealant tape. PJ1 came out with it a long time ago, Dennis Kirk sells it(but is currently out of stock).

Comes in strips and feels kinda like silly putty. You stretch the crap out of it and wind it around the pipe, join the pipe and then run it. It will leak right off the bat, but the stuff swells under the heat and pressure and will soon stop the leaking. It doesn't make the parts impossible to separate either.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
i went to the local honda, yamy dealer and they happened to have the exhaust tape in stock so i tried that. so far so good doesnt seem to leak. thanks guys

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom