84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
What piston did you put in? Wiseco, stock, vortex??? Have you done a compression test to see if it actually performing as it should? Did you get the cylinder honed?

quintwatson

Jan 22, 2006
It is also pretty common for people to forget to hook back up the power valve linkage or for the power valve to be stuck in the closed (low RPM) position.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
Its a vertex piston...i haven't done a compression test. I thought i got that linkage together right. When i put it down i tried to keep the little stick lined up in the slot is there anyway it could have moved out? I didn't get the cylinder honed. It didn't really need it. I rode the bike last night. I do mostly trail riding and short tracks, so its not that big of a deal, but it seemed like it didn't have quite as much as b4. Its not a big change but i can tell a little bit. Is there any easy way to see if that valve is opening up w/o lifting the top end?

JBarrett

Mar 20, 2007
Pull the left power valve cover off. Note that there are two marks "H" and "L". At idle or not running, the slot in the power valve shaft should align with the "L "mark. Rev the bike up, and you should see the shaft rotate to the "H" mark. If it doens't move, or isn't lined up right you will need to dig deeper to find the problem.

RubenCR

Apr 17, 2007
It might be the engine parts need some wearing in, so they can take all the stress of the power, My CR125 was like that i rebuilt the engine and after two days of riding it the bike felt a lot quicker.

pradami

Sep 1, 2006
ok sounds good thank you guys. Im just going to do a couple more rides. I have only rode it like twice for like 15 minutes or so, so i will just wait a couple more rides....then i will update

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom