Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
im thinking about getting a crf150r expert and swapping motors with a crf250r just like the junior-r but how complicated is it
im guessing im going to have to change the rev box and all that mumbo jumbo but what am i in for?

and would it be able to handle huge gaps and jumps just like the 250 would the 250 is significantly heavyer then me and hard to handle im 16 and 94 lbs and like 5,7 or something

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Uhh, you can't do it. You need to reconstruct alot of the frame. You need to fab the 250 cooling system to the frame. You'll need some custom exhaust built. Im sure it would be more practical to buy one from Service Honda than it would be to buy all the tools/materials to build one yourself. Not to mention that it will probly look and perform MUCH better.

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
hmm i guess thats the route im going to have to go

but like i said could i take it off of huge jumps like the 250r?
and does anybody have a bigwheel bike whats the size you could have both feet planted to the ground or slighty planted to the ground?

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
No you couldn't hit huge jumps like the 250R. The only thing a bigger motor is going to help you with is gaining speed out of a corner to clear a gap. You still have suspension made for an 85 so you might make the gap but you probably won't walk away from the landing looking very good.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Deadohiosky39 said:
No you couldn't hit huge jumps like the 250R. The only thing a bigger motor is going to help you with is gaining speed out of a corner to clear a gap. You still have suspension made for an 85 so you might make the gap but you probably won't walk away from the landing looking very good.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The chassis and suspension on the 150R are vastly different than the CR85. Maybe you should ride a bike before dispensing with your half-assed wisdom.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. The chassis and suspension on the 150R are vastly different than the CR85. Maybe you should ride a bike before dispensing with your half-assed wisdom.
when I dispense wisdom, I use my whole ass.

jake760

Jun 1, 2008
If you want a 250f motor, buy a 250f. You're tall enough for it, but it sounds like you could bulk up a bit. Eat your Wheaties and hit the gym!

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Rich - I'm saying the suspension probably wouldn't be stiff enough to hit huge jumps. That's all. I'm in no way saying it has crappy suspension just that what it has is set up for a smaller bike and the types of jumps that a smaller bike could clear. No need to get a bad attitude. All he would have to do is stiffen the suspension as well and it would be fine. But as everyone has already said, its not just a drop one motor out and slap the other one in kind of job.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Deadohiosky39 said:
Rich - I'm saying the suspension probably wouldn't be stiff enough to hit huge jumps.

He said he weighs 94 pounds, the suspension is more than adequate.

As I've come to realize in the few months you've been here, you just like to post even if what you post is nonsense.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
hey now, I'm not 40 yet.

... and there were some 3/4 assed years early on before Pred hit his stride :whoa:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Your mileage may vary. :whoa:

May 10, 2007
so i guess im at like what 1/4 assed. heck maybe even less...i gotta get on the ball here!

but yea when i had my 150R it could handle all the jumps i could throw at it (though it did have to be tweaked) of course i dont do all MX so im not clearing crazy doubles.

Top Bottom