KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
I belong to a club that owns the land we ride on so registration is not required. However some other clubs and riding areas require at least a trail plate and insurance. Then there is full on street reg. To my understanding, it's not always possible to reg. a dedicated moto-crosser such as yours in NY. Even with brake light, headlight, horn, signals, mirrors, dual sport tires, etc....
Consider that when you pay the trail plate fee to the state they provides zero places to ride your bike.

tommytoons69

Sep 9, 2006
KDXruss

hey KDXruss what club do you belong to can you e-mail me and maybe i can check it out.i got a long way to go on the motorcross bike i get nervouse on the track havent been on a closed course track yet thow.maybe there is a big difference between a piece of property were a bunch of guys curved a track out with there bikes than a man made closed track?

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
tommytoons69 said:
hey KDXruss what club do you belong to can you e-mail me and maybe i can check it out.i got a long way to go on the motorcross bike i get nervouse on the track havent been on a closed course track yet thow.maybe there is a big difference between a piece of property were a bunch of guys curved a track out with there bikes than a man made closed track?
Sure, The club is called the capital area trail riders association,(catra). It's located in the town of Providence right next to Sacandaga lake. Little bit of a drive from Little falls but I think it's worth it. You should be able to find more info at www.NETRA.org click here, look under clubs. My e-mail : trailrider220@peoplepc.com

Top Bottom