Zero

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 1999
I raced there this past weekend for my first trip there. I was sitting there thinking to myself...

If you were to list all things you would want your perfect dream track to have, what would it be?

- covered staging and starting line
- drive (ride) in style car/bike wash
- MX parts store
- covered grandstands for spectators overlooking most of the track
- race gas station
- ATM machine
- vending machines
- bar and grill
- huge pavillion
- showers and real bathrooms and stalls
- hillside track layout
- loam loam loam loam, no hard pack, and the dirt practically falls off your bike after it dries.
- kiddie tracks

I just described Cycle Ranch its the nicest facility in Texas by far. The facilities blow away any and all tracks in the State of Texas that I have been to.

The track is on par to Whitney and depending on what you like possibly better than Whitney. The dirt is as good as it gets. (just like Nocona)

I had to really think hard to find stuff to complain about while I was there. All I could come up with was:
- concrete starting pad. I hate them.
- the track was so rough that it was hard to clear what would normally be and easy step up table top

Thats really it.

It was the 3rd round of the 4 Stroke Nationals also. Mike Metzger was there, he is a pretty cool down to earth guy despite the FMX thing. He's fast too.

If anyone has a chance to check out CycleRanch, you won't be dissappointed

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I've seen pictures of it but haven't had the opportunity to get down that way. Maybe someday.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Where is this located?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
It's in Floresville TX just south of San Antonio. We went there last Thanksgiving for the Team USA/WML races.

It was a blast! We had five days of riding on a track that was perfectly groomed every morning. It did get rough by the end of the day but it was awesome.

We can't wait to go again next year. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom