fmfkx125372

Feb 1, 2001
My younger brother has my old '98 kx125 and we recently just pulled the motor for a bottom end rebuild and I was thinking about sending the cylinder to Eric Gorr for some porting. I was checking the cylinder out and while looking at the inside, there are some discolorations. It kind of reminds me of when a clear coat on a car is starting to fade. Is this something to worry about, or is it normal wear? Thanks for any input you might have....

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
The normal color of the Kawasaki Electrofusion is brown. Wear spots appear as gray because the base metal is aluminum, or aluminium for our UK members.
Like to help you out but work is stacked to the ceiling. For cylinder bore repairs I'd suggest US Chrome. They can strip-off the old Electrofusion and electro-plate it with nickel composite like all the other motorcycle manufacturers use. Replating it to a tight fit will make more compression and power. USC's turnaround time is only 10 days right now. Give them a call at 1-920-922-5066 or www.uschrome.com
Good luck

Top Bottom