INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 22 Work Points

Current Rule 22. Any rider who works a series Enduro will be given 26 points from the events ridden. To qualify for work points, a rider must obtain permission to work from a club that is organizing an Enduro for that year prior to April 1st. That rider must also present a letter in writing to the Enduro Chairman stating the series Enduro they will be working prior to April 1st. All motorcycle clubs musts turn in a list of club members who wish to receive work points for the event that club is putting on. A rider who is scheduled to work an event and rides the event instead, will not receive work or riding points. There are no exceptions to this rule. A rider may be charged the normal entry fee at clubs discretion for working the day of the event. If charged entry fee, they must fill out entry form.

Proposal A
A rider that works one series enduro will receive first place points for that event. Working an enduro will be determined by the promoting club, after their permission has been granted and the Enduro Chairman has received a letter from the rider prior to April 1st stating the enduro to be worked. Any rider that is scheduled to work and rides instead will not receive any points at all.

Proposal B
A rider that works one series enduro will receive one point per hour worked, up to a maximum of first place points, as determined by the promoting club. After club permission has been granted, the Enduro Chairman must receive a letter from the rider prior to April 1st stating the enduro to be worked. Any rider that is scheduled to work and rides instead will not receive any points at all.

Proposal C
A rider that works one series enduro will receive one point per hour worked, up to a maximum of first place points, as determined by the promoting club. Scheduling to work an enduro is at the discretion of the promoting club.

Proposal D
A rider that works one series enduro will receive first place points for that event. Scheduling to work an enduro and the definition of “working” are at the discretion of the promoting club.

Young Ted

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 4 Awarding Points

Current Rule 4. Series points will be awarded as follows for each equipment class:
Grand Champion---35 Points 7th-----12 Points
Hi-AA------------30 Points 8th-----10 Points
Hi-A-------------30 Points 9th------8 Points
Hi-B-------------30 Points 10th------6 Points
Hi-C-------------30 Points 11th------5 Points
1st--------------26 Points 12th------4 Points
2nd--------------22 Points 13th------3 Points
3rd--------------20 Points 14th------2 Points
4th--------------18 Points 15th------1 Point
5th--------------16 Points
6th--------------14 Points

Proposal A
Series points will be awarded as follows for each equipment class:
Grand Champion---35 Points 7th-----12 Points
Hi-AA------------30 Points 8th-----10 Points
Hi-A-------------30 Points 9th------8 Points
Hi-B-------------30 Points 10th------6 Points
Hi-C-------------30 Points 11th------5 Points
1st--------------25 Points 12th------4 Points
2nd--------------22 Points 13th------3 Points
3rd--------------20 Points 14th------2 Points
4th--------------18 Points 15th------1 Point
5th--------------16 Points
6th--------------14 Points

When a rider/riders stop to stay with/go for aid for another injured rider, essentially “giving up” their own ride for the day, they will be given first place points for that event, if so warranted by the Enduro Chairman, event trail boss and event referee.

Proposal B

Series points will be awarded as follows for each class:

Grand Champion---35 Points
Hi-AA----------- -30 Points
Hi-A------------- 30 Points
Hi-B------------- 30 Points
Hi-C------------- 30 Points
1st-------------- 25 Points
2nd------------- 21 Points
3rd-------------- 18 Points
4th-------------- 16 Points
5th-------------- 15 Points
6th-------------- 14 Points
7th-------------- 13 Points
8th-------------- 12 Points
9th-------------- 11 Points
10th-------------- 10 Points
11th-------------- 9 Points
12th-------------- 8 Points
13th-------------- 7 Points
14th-------------- 6 Points
15th-------------- 5 Points
16th-------------- 4 Points
17th-------------- 3 Points
18th-------------- 2 Points
19th-------------- 1 Point

When a rider/riders stop to stay with/go for aid for another injured rider, essentially “giving up” their own ride for the day, they will be given first place points for that event, if so warranted by the Enduro Chairman, event trail boss and event referee.

Young Ted

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Looks good to me Ted. It is important to note the assistance of an injured rider is a judgement call and points will not automatically be awarded. The situation at Kalkaska was unique and the right action/award was taken by all parties.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Looks good to me Ted. It is important to note the assistance of an injured rider is a judgement call and points will not automatically be awarded. The situation at Kalkaska was unique and the right action/award was taken by all parties.

Yeah, other wise cherry pickers could just ride behind me and pull my damn bike off me every race and hook up with first place points! :nod: I had to wait sitting in a mud hole until the next guy came along at Harrison to take my bike off me, I was pinned under it in a mud hole. Man that was a fun day! :yell:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rules 19,26 & 29-Sanctions, Results & DS Div.

Current Rule 19. – There will be no more than one Enduro sanction per week in District-14, except by consent of the Enduro Chairmam.

Proposal A
Eliminate completely. Not needed.

Current Rule 26. – Riders may receive a copy of the Enduro results from the club within two weeks for the cost of $1.00 and by providing the club with a self-addressed, legal sized envelope.

Proposal A
Eliminate completely. Not used.

Current Rule 29. – Dual Sport events will be moved from Road Division to Enduro Division.

Proposal A
Eliminate completely. It was a district matter.

Young Ted

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I talked to Tom Dunn this morning. There will be a meeting to discuss the proposed rule changes on the night of the banquet. The HS riders have a similar meeting. We do not know when the banquet is scheduled to start. The HS meeting starts an hour before the banquet. Tom is planning to start the Enduro meeting before the HS meeting.
Tom will be encouraging all riders to attend this meeting (in November) and the meeting in December. A proposed rule change may be to allow the riders and the clubs to vote on rule changes.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I'm working on your last sentence Mike. This was tried a few years ago and got nowhere. No harm in trying again. Any input would be helpful and welcome.

I have it worked out with Tom to send him these proposals in hard copy and electronically. We didn't set a target date but I'm shooting for October first.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Rule 4 - Awarding Points

The national events do not have the concept of Grand Champion and Hi-Point awards, but I thought we may want to consider aligning a little closer to how national points are awarded:

Proposal B

Series points will be awarded as follows for each class:

Grand Champion---35 Points
Hi-AA----------- -30 Points
Hi-A------------- 30 Points
Hi-B------------- 30 Points
Hi-C------------- 30 Points
1st-------------- 25 Points
2nd------------- 21 Points
3rd-------------- 18 Points
4th-------------- 16 Points
5th-------------- 15 Points
6th-------------- 14 Points
7th-------------- 13 Points
8th-------------- 12 Points
9th-------------- 11 Points
10th-------------- 10 Points
11th-------------- 9 Points
12th-------------- 8 Points
13th-------------- 7 Points
14th-------------- 6 Points
15th-------------- 5 Points
16th-------------- 4 Points
17th-------------- 3 Points
18th-------------- 2 Points
19th-------------- 1 Point

I will say I don't really like the concept of a 2nd place finisher getting pulled up to 1st due to a Hi-Point rider in his class, and as a result end up with a larger point advantage over the 3rd place finisher.

... And wouldn't it be great to have 20 some-odd riders in a class!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 17 - Submitting Fees & Results

Current Rule 17. All event promoters and clubs may use the supplied referee form and submit to the chairman and pointskeeper within 14 days of the event. Rider fees ($4.00 per D14 sign-up) must be forwarded to the Enduro Chairman within 14 days. Results and rider fees must be post-marked within 14 days or be fined $50 payable to Enduro Series Point Fund.

Proposal A
All event promoters and clubs must submit rider fees ($4.00 per D-14 rider sign-up) to the Enduro Chairman and event scores to the pointskeeper within 14 days of the event. A fine of $50, payable to the Enduro Series Point Fund, will be assed if not post-marked within 14 days of the event.

Young Ted

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 27 - Scores

Current Rule 27. All scores that make it through the protest period are official for awards. During the protest period, team scores are to be posted listing individual rider’s scores. All clerical errors occurring after protest period must be brought to the attention of the point’s keeper by the close of second preceding event or two days after last scheduled event.

Proposal A

All scores that make it through the protest period are official for awards. All clerical errors occurring after protest period must be brought to the attention of the point’s keeper as soon as possible. Awarded points for classes and overall standings must be posted at each event.

Young Ted

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rule 27 - just my $ .02 worth of info
This rule was discussed at some length last year. We determined that as soon as possible needed to be clarified for any changes to the points standings. I do agree that the points standings should be posted at each event. I realize this task gets difficult in the middle of the Summer with so many races and the dependance on the club providing the results, but D14 needs to improve this process.
I feel with the team scores should not be removed from the rules as there is some discussion of reviving the team competition.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mike - The 14 days in #17 is why I used 'soon as possible'. It used to be 7 days before the $50 fine was added. You are correct that the process needs improvement and I'm not about to go down that trail.
Mention of teams should have been taken out of all rules when they were taken out of classes. Should teams be brought back, who needs a rule to tell them when to post scores?

Young Ted

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 6 - Revising Rules

Current Rule 6. Each club will be invited to attend at least one meeting to revise the rules each year.

Proposal A
Voting on rule changes and election of the Enduro Chairman will be by the riders at a meeting held prior to the Hare Scrambles & Enduro Banquet.

Young Ted

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Ted,
I do believe the intention of the meeting before the banquet will be to discuss proposed rule changes with the enduro rides and gain opinions. Any changes to the rules need to occur at the sanctioning meeting in December.
Mike

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Rule 15 - Awards

Current Rule 15. Approximately 25% of the entry in a class will receive awards except for teams. Riders must earn points in at least 60% of the scheduled series events to qualify for year-end awards. The average number of awards will be the basis for awards at the banquet.

Proposal A
Approximately 25% of the entry in a class will receive awards. Riders must earn points in at least 60% of the scheduled series events to qualify for year-end awards. The average number of awards will be the basis for awards at the banquet.

Young Ted

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Shagy - where's Scooby Doo??

Please come to the meeting before the banquet AND the meeting in December to discuss possible rule changes. I know the chairman would welcome the input.

Here's a suggestion - you might want to wear a belt down at Upland!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ya you should take T-Bones advice on the belt thing shagy or should we say...Balls Out?... :laugh:

DW

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Shagy100 said:
I think there needs to be a rule that says the riders get more say in the series cause as of right now its up to the clubs
Covered in reply #63.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Another change to ponder...D14 has followed the National Enduros and assigned numbers to the AA riders. Other districts (15, 16, 17) do not. If the fast guys from Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin have the opportunity to ride in the 30's or 40's does that put the MI AA riders at a disadvantage at the dual district events?

Most of events in the series are NOT in D14 (only 6 out of 9). Share your thoughts here or bring them to the meeting on Saturday afternoon.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
In regards to the AA numbering system I would love to work with all the districts to figure out a good solution to this problem at mutli-district races. Goshen was a huge mix up that had 3 of us AA riders from D17 on the same minute.

I will be working on numbers for the D17 riders for next year but would like to figure out something good for the events like Roselawn, Goshen, etc where we end up having 20 AA guys show up. So please try to keep me in the loop so we can work something out for those events.

Also D16 does not have a AA class and in D17 we only take the top 8 riders plus anyone that finishes top 3 or better at any event for AA status.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Ryan,
How does D15 figure AA status? I know they do not reserve numbers.

If D16 does not have a AA class and D15/17 do not assign reserved numbers, maybe D14 should remove the assignments.

Your race early in the year is multi-district race also.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Not sure how D15 does it, I'll try to find out.

I think numbers should be reserved. Goshen was a good case for it too. If a AA rider would have pulled a 5 and another a 35 the rider on 35 would have had a much better score I think. I know AA guys should be able to read trail and do good on anything but early / late does make a difference.

Something I thought about is at the mutli-district races have all AA's start at 21 and go up from there but have a D14 rider, D15 rider, D17 rider, then repeat, that way all the riders are mixed in. Just gotta make sure no AA guys are on the same minute together.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom