Dec 25, 2007
I am a new rider just getting back into riding again. I took a 20+ year break. I just bought a KTM 250XCF and plan to ride a little in the woods and some at the local motocross tracks. I grew up riding in sand and deserts in Washington state so riding in the woods is still very uncomfortable to me.

Let me know if anyone wants to ride. I know no one that rides.

Thanks,
Rob

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
tx246 lives in denton and rides both woods and moto. i highly recommend hooking up with him and his gang.

also check out the going to texas thread.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Here I am. I am the one that lives in Denton. We are scheduled for a ride this weekend at Nocona MX. You are most welcome to join us. It is a great track with open practice. We will be getting there early as the track gets pretty crowded later in the day. I can be reached after 3pm at 940.390.0186. Give me a shout.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
well crap. the nocona mx thing is out the window as a snow storm has stranded our kansas rider. I am planning on riding out at Muenster though. There will be a big group of us. Some are riding all weekend.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I got a kitchen pass but there is so much to do I'll have to rain check this ride. I might try to fanagle a trip down with MX547 in Jan.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
There's a couple of us going to Milam creek on Sunday. Set to arrive there at 9:30 am.

Directions from Dallas on 35E going north are:
North of Denton about 10 miles. Head right up 35 and exit number 474. Stay on the service road, drop down a huge hill, u-turn under the interstate, take the second driveway right before the junk yard. It's down that road on your left right after you pass the junk yard.

Dec 25, 2007
Thanks guys. I was out of town and just got back. I plan to try to hit some place tomorrow. I have been to Milam Creek but didn't ride. I heard about the track and went to check it out. ANyone riding tomorrow? I plan to kill some ducks in the AM then ride around noon-ish.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Milam Creek! That place is still around??? Do they maintain it again now? The last time I was there (prolly like 8 yrs ago) you could ride there but they didn't hold races nor did they ever prep the track. Hell, the starting gates were buried beneath some tall weeds. Still alot of fun though and I started getting confidence on tracks back then. A couple of the turns were pretty tricky as it was mostly loose gravel where all the dirt was missing. LOL

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
It's a different track. It has more jumps than most tracks around the area. It is prepped and the owner is freaking quick on a bike and has been prepping/handling the black clay really well. I love having a track that's fun and 30 minutes away. Thump and I were out there today and had a blast.... other than the fact that one out of the the total of 5 rocks on the track blasted off the rear tire of a 450 and squared me in the nose. Thought it was broke till I got back to the truck and could check it out. Rocks suck!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
So it's a completely different beast, eh? Yeah when I rode it there were only singles and tabletops. That was cool with me since MX was/ never has been my strong suit. One of my best memories was totally airing it out big time on the finish line jump. Everybody at the track that day was doing a mediocre job of clearing the jump and my buddy says," I wanna see somebody just nail that thing with everything they got." LOL you know what that leads to. Well...I nailed it, but I pooped my shorts a little as I went nose high the entire jump. A tad bit rough on the landing too.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
evenslower said:
Off topic---Gene, clear out some PM-s bud.

Hey, I know this guy!

Top Bottom