whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I think it is about time we put this to it’s own thread. There is a practice open to all AMA registered riders on May 4th at Devils Ridge, NC from 9:00:00 am to 2:00:00 pm. The next morning MX races start with practice at 7:45:00 am usually. I look forward to the opportunity to meet as many DRN members as are willing to show up, I think we are at about 6 or so right now, not including family members. One of the things we can get together after practice, as Mike T has suggested is: The establishment of the Southern Spodes as an “official” DRN chapter. No one is pressured to race and we can all just "practice” Devils Ridge is all table tops and plateau jumps, and is a very safe track. My plans are to camp Saturday night after practice and race Sunday in the 40+ and the 125D. Family, tent, bags, chairs, plenty of food, fire and good conversation for the night of Saturday, I’m not much for drinking, but I love to shoot the bull. I hope you will consider bringing yourselves and your families. Here is a link to Devils Ridge: http://www.homestead.com/DEVILSRIDGEMX/index.html directions can be found at the site as well. It looks like the fee is $10.00 to practice. Ya, go ahead and look at the state results from April 40+ #38,..that guy sucks! Don’t forget your AMA card as this is not an open practice, but you should be able to join at the track. Please post if you can make it, I want to cordon off an area near the woods so we can have a fire at night and all pit together.
Dave

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
So if I have never raced before, but decide to race...what do I need besides some numbers? Does my background need to be a certain color? I'll join the AMA there as I was intending to do so anyway.

I will look up the rules tonight. I guess I would be in the over 30 beginner class? DO they give out consolation prizes for the best looking ejection from a bike well beyond your riding abilities?

davearm

Mar 29, 2000
Devils Ridge Race

I plan on being there for a little practice on the 4th (don't want yo use up all my energy on Sat. and be to sore to race on Sunday), and will be back to race 125D on Sunday. My son and a friend are also trying to get up the nerve to do the 125D as well. It would be the 1st race for both of them.
Look for the red RM125, #23.

Dave Armstrong

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
James P, Its my first race too. You can just get some numbers, but for your first race you are allowed to Run as Racer X (make an x out of electrical tape, and you're good to go!) I'm going to be there too, Look out for the Red 2002 Cr80, Number 19!

I doubt I can get my parents to let me stay the night, but I will be able to stay after practice is over for a few hours to get to know you guys better! (practice officially ends at 2 o clock). Can you sign up for an AMA membership on practice day? (I know you can on race day...)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I will be in the pits with one of the two trucks and the blue #38 :silly:
index.pl

My son has a 12:00:00 ball game Sat so it looks like the rest of the clan will come up in the evening.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
MikeT will be there!

Me! Me! I'll be there for Saturday till some time in the afternoon after lunch. I can't stay the night but I'll be there. BTW my new (used) spring just arrived and I am STILL waiting on the jets. Good going Dave looks like it's going to be a good time.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Mike, I have your main jets if you need them. We will have to trade off for a few laps so I can dial in that little 125 for ya! and give you a chance to see what eric's magic is all about.

Ok, who else is show'n up?

Okie, I know there is a 6' x 4' DRN banner somewhere, how bout letting us borrow the thing for the weekend. We will fur sure get some picks of us suthuners for the gallery. Thanks, Dave

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by 96whyzee125
Mike, I have your main jets if you need them. We will have to trade off for a few laps so I can dial in that little 125 for ya! and give you a chance to see what eric's magic is all about.
That sounds totally cool. I am hoping to have the new pilot, needle and main in there and you can take it around and see what you think. I'll have a 340 in there and will be bringing a 350 with me, plus a new BR9 and I will probably bring a BR8 with me also. I am pretty sure Skips jetting advice will work well. I am also curious to see/feel Erics work. That will be a good comparison.

If we could get the banner, that would be PERFECT!

Last edited:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Bring... BR8..."EG's, throw those 9's in the trash, whatever gas you plan on running for the rest of your life, and an extra oiled and "dried" air filter, and make sure your spark arrester is repacked,...I'll get that thing dialed in spot on! and clean the carbon out of ALL the lil holes in your S/A.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Bring... BR8..."EG's, throw those 9's in the trash, whatever gas you plan on running for the rest of your life, and an extra oiled and "dried" air filter, and make sure your spark arrester is repacked,...I'll get that thing dialed in spot on! and clean the carbon out of ALL the lil holes in your S/A.
I'll get the plugs tomorrow, I'll have my air filter cleaned and oiled. FORGOT all about the Silencer. I WILL do that before I come and have all those holes cleaned.

The needle is in at the Yamaha shop, I'm just waiting for the pilot now. When it comes, I'll have a 45, 50, and a 55 pilot jet, along with a 340 and 350 main... and the new leaner needle.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'll get the plugs tomorrow (don't shoot me but I usually run ES plugs), I'll have my air filter cleaned and oiled. FORGOT all about the Silencer. I WILL do that before I come and have all those holes cleaned.

The needle is in at the Yamaha shop, I'm just waiting for the pilot now. When it comes, I'll have a 45, 50, and a 55 pilot jet, along with a 340 and 350 main... and the new leaner needle.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I've got mains from 300 to 400, we'll get it to run
Wow, cool! :cool: I am now optimistic that this bike will finally be jetted properly. I can't wait to give it a go.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Okie, I know there is a 6' x 4' DRN banner somewhere, how bout letting us borrow the thing for the weekend. We will fur sure get some picks of us suthuners for the gallery. Thanks, Dave

What a grand Idea!
That sure will be fun!

Looking forward to seeing you guys may 4th!!

Dave, can you help me jet my bike too :whiner:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
bump

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Dave, I will be there, but I will probably have to leave at around 2:15 or so. We have to go to party at 6pm in Charlotte. I'll try to get there early though, around 8-8:15.

Mike

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Mike, got your e-mail, have not been on in a week, I'll be there (DR) around 8:00am, call my cell so we can talk, if you want. I'm basically working from 6:00am to 8:00pm to get this project caught up. Dave

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I'll be there too. I'll ride in the rain if I have to.

Dave, can you PM me your cell phone number? I have your home number, but not your cell.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I hate that you guys decided to ride on the same date as the PPV Las Vegas SX. I promised a friend's kids that they could watch it at my place.

Be careful out there.

sharp7277

Mar 12, 2002
I was thinking about going too. where is it located? Ill be coming from Myrtle Beach SC. DO thye have a class I can run my CR 500 in? Im gonna bring both bikes but I always wanted to race my 500.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
well, Dell just called (from the track)...practice was canceled. Mike and I had talked earlier and agreed there was no way your parents were driving you down in the rain, we missed that call. Make sure you thank your mom for taking the time out for you. Well it looks like we are going to have to try this again sometime soon. Maybe we head west a little or south to get a everyone together. I'm up for anything within 4 hours just so we can all meet up.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
We got there and the guy who was at the gate seemed optimistic about the rain, so we found a place to pit, and struggled for about 45 minutes getting the e-z up tent setup. After we finally get the tent up, and the bikes underneath it, they called practice. So my friend and I got on our cr's and rode around the pits looking for dave. I didnt see him, so we went back to the truck and called. Anyway, I'm going to be there @ 6:30 sunday to race!!

I did get a chance to walk the track. It was in great shape!! I dont think we will have too much of a problem with it being wet tomorrow. It is 100% clay and was not absorbing much water.

Next up on my list are Sur Cross ST's. (soft terrain tires) Its never dry there!!

for me, its around a 2 hour drive limit. I doubt i can get my parents to take me any further than that :ugg:

Top Bottom