YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Alrite, the dates and location have been set for Dirtweek '02. Looks like its in favor for us west coasters this time. It will be my first time attending. I was curious if any other folks from this area will be going as well? I am from Phoenix, AZ. Unfortunately I do not know a whole lot of you but am looking forward to meeting you all. Anyone making plans? I am looking to travel w/ some people. Hopefully, my buddy and my father will be joining me as well. I just have no clue where I'm going or what not and thought it'd be nice to travel w/ some fellow DRN'ers

Plus, when I was a little kid (to this day) I always thought it'd be cool to see a caravan of trucks loaded w/ bikes and gear heading down the freeway... Just a sweeeeeeet mental image!

Looking forward to it already!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I'm starting a new job next week so I'll have to check on the vacation time, but I'd love to go. I haven't been on a road trip since I moved back from Cali two years ago. Hopefully by October I'll have my new bike ready to roll. I'll DEFINITELY keep you posted. DW02 sounds like my kinda party! :aj:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
yeah i want to go-- what are the dates again? i forgot:confused:

i live in alamogordo NM, dont know how far phoenix is from me though. if it is after school closes, most likely a maybe. if i is not: defenite no.:(

well hope my luck holds out and i get to go!

-Rob

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
My plans right now are to be there. But then, I made plans last year too. :(

I'll warn you though. I'll leave about 3:00am and I'll only stop for gas and the bathroom. Last year it took 14 1/2 hours to get to Oklahoma City. Dirtweek is a couple of hours farther away.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im going. This is gonna be the best one yet.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
What? I get grumpy about driving 6 hours to pismo and get downright spastic driving 13 hours to oregon dunes. Id love to go but do you think they can just develop some sort of materializing transport beam to send me over there?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'm going I can meet up with you guys and help move some gear and a person if needed, but the Ranger isn't going to like a second bike :( (can we say 10-MPG :| ) but I'll help where I can. BTW ST500; how fast do you drive to get to Ok in 14 1/2 hours? ;)

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Kav
BTW ST500; how fast do you drive to get to Ok in 14 1/2 hours? ;)

I drive as fast as the semi will pull my Ranger down the road! :) They don't like me back there, but it's the only way to keep the truck at 75mph loaded. It's 960 miles from my house to my friends house in OKC. It normally takes me 15 hours. 14 1/2 is my best time. That was coming back last year after the attacks on the east coast. I think I saved the extra half hour between Flagstaff and my house. I was pushing 95mph on the 130 mile downhill. :eek:
I make three gas stops, (10 to 15 minutes each) and three extra stops to take a leak. (5 minute each). You're welcome to follow me if you want.

Last edited:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll do what I can I'm starting to think that it's time to move on with the ranger so I may *may have a newer truck by dirtweek (dreaming of a smaller 4-door dodge V-8 4X4 truck *riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight*) so I'll see what happens. I do like drafting, it's *real* stock car racing :P

Top Bottom