justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
So that we don't have to spend $ on firewood this year I am going to cut some for next year. In order to let it cure we need to cut it this winter. I figure if three or four of the Heartland Spodes will bring saws to our farm we can whip out a few ricks in short day.
If we get some good weather maybe we could ride a little too, while cutting wood would be our priority. We can cut it up around the MX track, the trees that I plan to move anyways. We can pile it up there out of the way hidden, where no one will find it.

Does sometime around Christmas to New Years work for you guys?Any other time that is easier to work around family stuff is also an option.
I also "might" (BIG might) be able to get us into one of the cabins for the weekend and have somewhere to play some cards or something.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Make it happen #1. :p

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Is there a minimum saw size requirement? I'd hate to see anyone show up and develop saw envy!!!! I've seen it happen friends and its devistating. How do you think those hot saw competitions got started?

Seriously, sounds like a great idea.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
If I'm out of the Ortho Boot I expect to get on Monday ... I'll come up.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by bluerider125
where at, at cooperland?

Yup

evenslower - It's not the size of the pencil, it's the flare with which you write your name. :p

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
[hillbilly/redneck voice on]well then i cant' do it. :debil: i would LOVE to show off mah kx500-powered, fully blown and nitrous-eenjectid farwhood cuttin' ma-chene [hillbilly/redneck voice off] :p:p :)

too far away just to cut wood, plus i'm grounded. :eek:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by bluerider125
where at, at cooperland?

I think justql means "the farm".&nbsp; It is about 30 mins NE of Stillwater.&nbsp; We might be able to do it at Cooperland but the wood may get taken by woodchucks. :p

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I made quick mention of the trip to my wife on our drive to New Orleans yesterday just to test the waters. Looks like a definite maybe, no major objections.....you married guys with little ones understand....we'll just have to see what work is looking like at the time. Maybe some motivation to get the KTM back in one piece.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Oh, I'll be there with my Husky (chainsaw that is) and if Husqvarna would get their TC250 out I would bring it as well. Just let me know when, give me directions and I'll be there. :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
My foot is getting better every day.&nbsp; I should be in regular boots by the end of the year.&nbsp; Are we still going to try and get together and cut some wood?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Heartland Spodes will be meeting in the next few weeks to discuss a variety of things including the fire wood party.&nbsp; Any suggestions for a time over the next 3-4 months?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Snow melted today! :cool: :) :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hey Justin... check your PM's bro.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Jeeze, thanks to the ice storm, I have about a tree and a half of perfectly cured firewood. Just have Lou fill his truck and take it down. I would bring it in my truck but with the 426 in the back, it would take about three pieces of wood before it maxed out the payload.

Top Bottom