YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Last years sticker just expired on 3/1

I just ordered mine on the DNR's site. Quick and easy. And delivery is usualy within a week.

http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp

Dont get caught in the woods without one :thumbsup:

I wonder what pukey color they are going to give us this year....Probably something nasty like KTM Orange :p

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Soon as a get my CCC renewal....................... :)

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Yellow looks real nice on Blue :cool: Thanks for the heads up Don

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Wanna hear something nutsy.. I sold a sled last week to a customer from the windy city.. Great guy, always pays on time - wish I had a hundred more just like him..
I dont like to see my customers from out of state have Mi DNR legal problems so I offered to stop at the SOS, get his new regs for him and pick up a Trail Permit so the sled is ready for him this weekend.. He sends me the $$ for the entire project, delivered..
I go to the SOS, things went perfect (I'm like - this is wierd - somethings up..). Stop at the local sled shop for his trail permit,, they are out - tell me to go to local sport shop.. I do so,, as I am about to pay for it the ladie says, its only good for today.. I says - I didnt know Michigan even had a day permit,, I need the yearly.. Shes like, no, they are no good after today.. I said.. welllllllll give me one thats good tommorrow cause we aint riding today hahahah.. She says, I cant,, I cant give you tommorrows till tommorrow. I said,, wellllllll what if you aint here tommorrow or I;m not.. What if I am leaving to go sledding right now and will be riding all night and I dont have tommorrows permit on my sled at 12:01 AM and the Meanie Greenies catch me, arent I illegal.. She said,, I am sorry but I cant sell you next years permit until tommorrow.. I asked her if she had the new lables in her drawer - she said yes but that she would get in trouble if she sold me one before tommorrow.. Trip way up north for nothing..
I went home and told my wife about it,, she's says --- whats the big deal.. I told her about my many bad experiences with the boys in green and told her that I GURANTEE that somehow/somewhere an unsuspecting sledder was going to get the big $110 fine for not replacing his Trail Permit on time.. She says - dont be so cynical.. Believe it or not the NEXT DAY the Destroyers of our Natural Resources and the local Sherriffs Dept are running a sting on the local sled trail in two locations - literally trapping everyone on the Muskegon/Newaygo County sled trail. Yep, you guessed it,, a WHOLE bunch of sledder were getting tickets for expired Trail Permits..
WHEN IS OUR DNR AND THE STATE OF MICHIGAN GOING TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER AND START PROMOTING TOURISM AND OUR GREAT OUT OF DOORS INSTEAD OF DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN DO TO RUIN IT?
Sled trail permits could/SHOULD expire in July - the way it is now, you have to buy TWO of them to get thru a winter - giving the Greenies twice the chance to turn revenue from good, honest, hard working tourist that are just out to have good clean fun.. Like I said, NUTS!
Sorry for stealing your thread Don,,,,,, thanks for reminding everyone to get the stickers..
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Woodsy you make me smile.....You and Huby......never a dull moment is there......lol Its a conspiracy...The whole world is out to get you 2 guys....lol

Ive bought ORV stickers before the 3/1 renewal date. I wonder if that lady was just full of herself. That is stupid that they were out there looking for people to give tickets to. Especialy if like you said you cannot get the permit till the day its current..Thats just stupid. Ya know I wonder if the DNR realizes that if they did get there way and shut the entire world out of the woods.....that they would be out of a job. They just aint too brite some days are they.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Don and Woodsy -Are you two mixed up? The ORV sticker doesn't expire until 3/31. Did you make a typo? Isn't a trail sled permit something different than an ORV sticker?
One year I bought an ORV sticker in February and the machine spit out the one that was expiring.

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
INCA said:
Don and Woodsy -Are you two mixed up? The ORV sticker doesn't expire until 3/31. Did you make a typo? Isn't a trail sled permit something different than an ORV sticker?
One year I bought an ORV sticker in February and the machine spit out the one that was expiring.

Young Ted

Yea someone else pointed that out to me. Where I got that from is the dnr's site. They list the new one as good from 3/1-07 to 2-29-2008

http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/common/popups/licenses.asp

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fatherandson said:
Woodsy - I think I can explain in three words...."balance the budget"

:nod:

Then Granny can say she did it without raising taxes.

Yup, we all have deep pockets don't we..........all of us rich folks with our expensive toys! I am really surprised that the stickers are still $16.25.

If you plan to hunt or fish this year you had better buy your licenses soon. You know they won't touch the price of licenses for out of state hunters/fishermen because that would hurt tourism. Instead, they will just rape the poor unemployed resident who needs to hunt or fish to put some food on the table.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
BadgerMan said:

Yup, we all have deep pockets don't we..........all of us rich folks with our expensive toys! I am really surprised that the stickers are still $16.25.
QUOTE]

I think he will see an increase in the price in the near future.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
BadgerMan said:

If you plan to hunt or fish this year you had better buy your licenses soon. You know they won't touch the price of licenses for out of state hunters/fishermen because that would hurt tourism. Instead, they will just rape the poor unemployed resident who needs to hunt or fish to put some food on the table.

This just means that that those hunting on private land will be more likley to purchase thier license if and when they kill an animal.And then only if it needs to be transported. If they double the cost sales will be way down.

Factory

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 19, 2002
Yikes!! I would go back and thank the lady at the store - thank her for nothing!! The snowmobile trail permits are good until September 30th - ORV until March 31st....last I checked anyway. In fact, you were making me paranoid - I had to go out and look at my sled to check!! :laugh:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
fatherandson said:
BadgerMan said:

QUOTE]

I think he will see an increase in the price in the near future.
Actually you won't!
We have a 6 million dollar surplus in the ORV fund so the increased fee is on back burner for now!
But with the book keeping they are doing you can count on being broke in 3 years! :whoa:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well Color Me Yellow...

:cool:

Attachments

• ORV-2007.jpg
    ORV-2007.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 477

MAPS

Jun 22, 2006
Thanks for the heads up. I have always had to run around to the nearest cycle dealer or sporting good shop. Just ordered ORV on the web :)

cinco in W MI

Mar 10, 2006
How much are they this year now? How much extra gets dumped into the rainy day fund that seems to disappear?

I am hoping for fabulous purple, to go with my new chaps and cape. :laugh:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
cinco in W MI said:
How much are they this year now? How much extra gets dumped into the rainy day fund that seems to disappear?

I am hoping for fabulous purple, to go with my new chaps and cape. :laugh:

They are still $16.25. The best deal in Michigan ;)
And the routes at Tin Cup and Little Manistee are nicely groomed. Now if you can only afford the gasoline to get there. :bang:

Top Bottom