YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The 05 sticker expires at the end of the month 3/31.

I just ordered 3 of them thru the DNR's website (and will probably need 2 more :ohmy: )

I ordered them thru there site last year. They have really quick turnaround. Ill probably see them here sometime this week :cool:

So dont forget :)

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Quick question. Does ordering them through the CCC provide any benefit to the CCC or is it just a convenience to members? Just curious...

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Don't forget that the cost is up to $25.50 too. That is my understanding anyway.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
WildBill said:
Does ordering them through the CCC provide any benefit to the CCC or is it just a convenience to members?

I do believe they get $.25 per sticker. Arguable if it's any benefit to the organization financially once you account for the overhead associated with managing and distributing them. But if you'd rather have your quarter go to the CCC instead of the DNR, then there's a good reason.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
INCA said:
Don't forget that the cost is up to $25.50 too. That is my understanding anyway.

I just went and checked the DNR E-License website and they are still showing $16.25 per for the 2006 ORV stickers. I quickly placed my ordder. Could that be a non-resident price you are quoting?

www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp

A fifty-seven percent increase in the cost would be hard to swallow, especially since I need to buy five stickers. However, I am sure that the DNR would be using the extra revenue to increase the length of our trail systems by the same fifty-seven percent. :|

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
2TrakR said:
I do believe they get $.25 per sticker.

Funny kinda irritating story on that one.

I needed an orv sticker last year. I went to my dealer to get one and had no cash just my debit card. They wouldn't take it. They said that they only get 25 cents profit per sticker and the cost of running the card would overwrite that profit. So I had to run down to the atm to get cash to buy a sticker. What a hassle :bang:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
Funny kinda irritating story on that one.

I needed an orv sticker last year. I went to my dealer to get one and had no cash just my debit card. They wouldn't take it. They said that they only get 25 cents profit per sticker and the cost of running the card would overwrite that profit. So I had to run down to the atm to get cash to buy a sticker. What a hassle :bang:

I think that is a pretty standard policy. I have been turned down when trying to use a credit card to pay for hunting/fishing licenses.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
That increase to ~$25 is an unofficial proposal at this point. It's basically forward thinking if the Draft Plan gets approved. Big changes in safety training cost/funding, more trail, more money for trail maintenance. All of those will put us in a negative situation - IF they are all put in place - within a couple years.
Start thinking about what you would expect in return if you had to pay another $10/sticker. The time is not too far away when we will need the extra funding.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Thanks for the info. I guess I will just add $0.25 to my CCC dues and save them the hassle. I'll order ORV's when I order my park sticker and fishing license online.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
2TrakR said:
The time is not too far away when we will need the extra funding.

Yeah, those roads are getting pretty bad over there in the south-east corner of the state................

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
BadgerMan said:
I think that is a pretty standard policy. I have been turned down when trying to use a credit card to pay for hunting/fishing licenses.

We haven't ever turned anyone down for buying a license or ORV sticker in sporting goods at wal-mart with a credit/debit card. I have worked there for 7years and just found out last year that we sell ORV stickers :bang:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MXGirl230 said:
We haven't ever turned anyone down for buying a license or ORV sticker in sporting goods at wal-mart with a credit/debit card. I have worked there for 7years and just found out last year that we sell ORV stickers :bang:

Yea but China-mart sells them crappy printed on the spot orv stickers like Meijers does. Those stickers are garbage. One squirt of simple green and the sticker is history. I wiped my kids sticker clean last year.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Guess I never paid much attention, I have only had one from there.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
this year is fucia, looks absolutely sickening on the back of my black Jeep :bang: :bang: :bang:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I just got mine tonight. Absolutely horid looking. What the hell were they thinking. I think we need to spam them bitching about that horible color. Who has the e-mail adress???

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Yeah thanks for the reminder and link. Cannot remember the last time I had one of the 'good' stickers. My local DNR has the crappy ones.

Top Bottom