Don't read this flame!!!!!!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
It has been a long long time since I have started a thread in the Flame Forum. Not that things have not made me mad, but I guess I have matured to the point that I don't need to gripe about everything. Anyway, this is more informative than venting....all though it did tick me off.

Last week I took my son to see some freestyle MX. It was cool. He dug it. We were happy. But.... I felt a little jipped. Now I know that the FMX tour is jam packed with farm club riders who are working their way up to X Game or Gravity Game status. That is fine. But you know that guy? The Boomy voice guy? The guy who could come on the radio and advertise a free ass kicking and make you want to come? He is that scary voice that introduces the riders as the SX...anyway, that dude was on my radio for a month and this is what he said.....paraphrased of course....

JAKE WINDHAM (THE BAILER), TRAVIS PASTRANA, MIKE METZGER, TOMMY CLOWERS, CLIFFORD ADAPTONTE (THE FLYIN HAWIIAN) AND KENNY BARTRAM. THESE ARE THE NAMES OF FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS. NAC NACS, BAR HOPS, BACKFLIPS, AND STERILIZERS....THESE ARE THE UNBELIEVABLE TRICKS THEY WILL BE PERFORMING. THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT....KEMPER ARENA.......ALL KIDS, HALF PRICE.

Blah blah blah

So we get there and the only name that was mentioned who was actually there was Jake "I am a bailer and they run that fact into the ground like Sarge jumping big after a six pack" Windham. Now Jake is cool. I have been a fan since the first time I saw him. But what gives? No Metz, I knew Travis wouldn't be there, no Flyin Hawaiian.....AND NO BACKFLIPS!!!!. It was still entertaining but I see that as false advertisement......and then they had the nerve to announce while we were there that the Regional Arenacross would be here in January and that we could probably expect our local hero Jeff Emig to be there "dicing it up". What ever! Number one, I would pay $60 to see Bryan Emig dance a polka before I paid $30 to see Jeffro come out of retirement and try to keep up with his bro.

Okay, it is midnight, I am going home and main-lining some cappuccino so I can stay up late enough to actually see something MX related on ESPN2. Have a lovely evening boys and girls.

besides, I thought I told you not to read this. :debil:

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Maybe you went on the wrong day. hehe, just kidding. Yep I would say that sounds like false advertising too, typical though. They get you interested so you dish out your money to go and then none of the big names are there. I saym save your money for a trip to see some supercross next time. ;)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Oh well. I got to the STL SX every year. I really need to be saving my money to go ride with some DRN folk!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I know it says that Lou posted that at 7:48 this morning but I know there is no way in this uncle-lovin' world that he could have been up that early on a Saturday. And Pred, well it is still yesterday there so have a good evening.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Lou. I did a Nac once. :scream:

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
I can do some pretty gnarly crashes for ya...but I'm trying to stay away from the Sacred Heart ER....They know me by my first name.

Thunder33, you should start saving your money for Reno...you wouldn't want to miss a bunch of beautiful chicks on motorcycles would you?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If I can keep my mouth shut until five minutes before I leave for Reno, I might just make it. :silly:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
thunder - did you go on sunday? the competition is on saturday but they have a second show for the money (i doubt they can afford metz to do two days as it cost 30,000 dollars) i went to the one in indy and it was really bogus people that crashed and had poor runs got 1st and the guy with the best run got like 5 or 6th(most/all? were not doing there best & it was obvious, they definetly wernt competing!) & mad mike said he was hurt so he couldnt ride(in person with no limp/cast but i understand that)..... next year i will be there on saturday

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by Dirtygirly

Thunder33, you should start saving your money for Reno...you wouldn't want to miss a bunch of beautiful chicks on motorcycles would you?

um....well......NO!!!!! But the last thing I need is a group of fine looking ladies leaving my sorry behind in the dust. It is bad enough when Lou does it! I am kidding. I couldn't think of many things in this world that would be better than getting passes by some hot motomama. Well, maybe getting a pass from a hot motomama. I could see the first happening a lot easier than the second!

Limitless....there was a Friday and a Saturday show. I was at the Saturday.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by limitless
ahhh, either way it was the second show (only 1 competition)

Don't you mean judging?

Thunder - No back flips... Guess that means GC wasn't there after all, wait he went to St. Louis!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
If I can keep my mouth shut until five minutes before I leave for Reno, I might just make it. :silly:
Is Lorin going to Reno? :)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by Thunder 33

besides, I thought I told you not to read this. :debil:

You should have told us TO READ and we would not have. You know we can't resist temptation. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom