Doug Henry's house burns to the ground

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn that sucks, he's always been a favorite and seems to take everything that's been thrown at him and just use it to get stronger. Hopefully more of the same will come of this for the whole family.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Fires are devastating for anyone. Hope things turn for the better for Doug and his family.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Doug Henry got me back into bikes.

I rode a DT100 when I was a kid. Had a RM125 briefly but not long enough to learn how to ride.

Anyway, one night I am flipping and see SX on the boobtube. I was about to flip past it since at the time it made me sad to watch something I couldn't do (broke). But I heard a 4 stroke and couldn't believe it.

They mentioned Doug Henry and the 400. Then later that week CNN had a special on Doug Henry.

That's it... money or no money I was getting back into the sport.

Now 11 (almost 12) years later I am still riding Yamaha's and a big fan of Doug's.

I met him a couple times and he was always a great guy to talk to. The first time I talked to him I didn't say much. the second time I told him how he got me back in the sport. I remember when he shook my hand he said, "next time you see me let me know how it is going with your start in racing."

I was blown away. Still haven't seen him again to tell him but have followed his career.

Truth be told he is the biggest reason I still like Yamaha's. Glover, Stanton (in the 490 days) and Hannah are reasons too but just a little.

I am sure Henry and his family will overcome this and come back better than ever. I believe he has the support from family and friend's that some of us can only dream of. But, if there is anything I can do to help I would be glad to.

I wonder if anyone has setup a site to contribute or anything yet?

Ivan

Top Bottom