yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Me and some buddies are planning a trip to Dove springs next weekend, we won't be able to make it up there until Sunday afternoon, then we'll ride all of monday as well, anyone else going to be there? anyone want to go?

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
I know a group of people heading up on Saturday for the weekend. There will be a couple of families. Wish I could make it - but I finally signed up for dirt bike school for the 16th & my mean boss won't let me have Monday off (CPA - Tax season - etc!!)

Have a great time! Take lots of warm clothes! We are heading up tonight and the low is supposed to be 28!

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
wow, it gets pretty cold out there, so well be bringing one truck full of firewood (makes for a pretty nice bonfire). Let me know how the riding was, I also heard a rumor that the Tree huggers are trying to close all of dove springs/redrock! If they do that will be a very sad day in Southern California

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
Had a great time! It was cold - 24 Saturday night!! The fire was nice (but the girl in me really like my pj's & sleeping bag!!) Lots of campers. The rain would have been nice to settle the dust, but none the less we had a great 55 mile ride on Saturday. The guys did another 40 miles later in the day - tougher riding than I feel ready to take on. Sunday was warmer - we got about 35 miles in before we left. Although the whoops kicked my tail (and I can hardly walk today) - I had a great time. I even attempted a couple of uphills that I would not normally do. Didn't quite make one - toooooo sandy but conquered the other, even after sliding into a rut. (Thankfully my trusty XR4 is forgiving of my lack of experience, and carried me safely to the top!)

Have a great time!

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
thanks for the follow up, I can't wait to hit those trails, looks like the rain might be in my favor, oh yeah I'm putting you on my buddy list for future use, I'm in my second year of accounting at CSUN and might need some help along the way! thanks again
Jeff

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
yz250roost- the greens want to shut down the area around "Robber's Roost" all the way up NW to connect to the Owens Peak and Kiavah Wilderness Areas. Unfortunately they(Sierra Club, greens etc) are backed by ranchers around the Onyx area who claim that Horsemen and OHV'ers are using trails that were closed years ago, and that run along thier property. I can't remember the ladies name that runs the desk at Jawbone Station, but she knows the latest scoop on the impending closure(she's the ranger that looks like a grandmother-real nice lady).
Wish I could make it out there to meet your crew, but my bike is still broke after a head-on collision out at Hungry Valley.

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
Think I'm making the drive for Saturday only - but check out the Jawbone thread from Jimbo - maybe ya'll could hook up. Jawbone is only a 12 or so mile ride from Dove Springs.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Kelsorat--funny thing that you had a head-on at Gorman. Last time I was there (about 15 yrs. ago) I also had a head-on. Lucky for me that I pitched the bike sideways at the last minute and the other guy T-boned me, so he got the worst of it. He left a nice tire mark right behind my foot-peg on my frame. The damage to his bike looked like a smashed radiator and bent forks. Luckily, neither one of us was hurt.
I've had a couple near misses there also. If and when I go back I DO NOT want to ride lead again!

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Ktmboy-Hungry Valley is too crowded-My buddies & I kept switching the lead back and forth just to make the lead position fair-unfortunately my turn at the front was bad luck. Heck for a little longer drive I'll go enjoy the open spaces of Lucerne or Jawbone.

Top Bottom