zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I can't remember what days & times, but I'm in for the daytime poker run, the mini races, the Tag Team HS, and regular HS. That's it.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well, I guess I will go with the MX B class. I would do tag team also if someone wants to step up and be my partner.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Team HS, HS, GP and Night time poker-if bike is here.

B

biglou

Jamie-If I remember correctly, the tag team MX is a random draw thing, so you don't know who you'll end up with. Works out pretty good. It's a blast. It really doesn't matter who the partners are. Everyone gets together and has the same conversation: "OK, who's going first?!" It's a blast. One of my favorite events of the week. :thumb:

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
So in Tag Team do you tag bikes or do you change into something as the tag? I've heard of a local(2hrs away) track doing this but it was with undies, large undies.. :)

B

biglou

We used hair "scruchies" as wrist bands last year. That takes some coordination to not let your bike die, or dump the clutch if you're in gear, etc.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
The C Class is for NOOBS. Beginners. This does not mean a vet woods racer who has not actually raced MX before. If you race locally.... NOPE. If you can clear some or all of the jumps at Cooperland... NOPE. If a flagger or I see a C-class rider clearing jumps, turning fast laps....you're out. I reserve the right to make the judgment call.

Okay, never raced MX before, not a very good woods racer, can I run C, then if I do well, run the B class?

as to other stuff, I gotta see when I show up first.  What's the deadline on signups?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Under AMA Pro National MX rules, riders are allowed to enter only one class for that day of racing.  Under FIM World GP MX rules, riders can enter multiple classes.  Stefan Everts has won both the 125 and 250 classes on the same day at the last 4 GPs.  I'm not sure wich set of rules we'll be using at DW.  :)

Just kidding.  I gonna guess that you're going to get a no for an answer.  You can run more than one class, but I don't think the C class is going to be one of them.  Over the years, they're really tried to keep this C class limited to real beginners or guys with no racing experience.  Whether you've raced before or not, the consensus will probably be that if you have the balls to jump into the B class, then you don't belong in the C class.

Some two class examples, VD raced C class and Bikes with lights.  Women have raced C and the women's class.  I don't think there's been any B/A type of doubling unless some guy ran away with the B class and then jumped into the A class.

You'll get an official ruling here soon I'm sure.

I think this thread is just to get an idea of how many peeps for each event.  The actual sign up sheets are on the table at the big top.  So, you can sign up at DW just before the event occurs.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by XRpredator
Danke Tim. maybe I should run the women's class first . . .

:)  I've tried that before.  "I ride like a girl...therefore; I should be eligible!"  No dice.  :laugh:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hey Pokie, please sign me up for -

Wednesday

10:00 Poker Run (Mgr: Crispy)

Thursday

10:30 Tag Team (Main Track) (Mgr: Okie)

1-4:00pm Team Hare Scramble (Mgr: MrLuckey, Mully, Offroadr, Coop)

7:00 Moto Bingo (Mgr: Nikki)

Friday

9:00 Hare Scramble - Mens (Mgr: MrLuckey etc)

3:00 GP Race (Grass Track) (Mgr: Okie)

8:00 Night-Time Poker Run (Mgr: Crispy)

Saturday

10:30 MX Old Timers (Main Track) (Mgr:....)

11:00 MX Bikes w/Lights (Main Track) (Mgr: ...)

11:30 MX B-Class (Main Track) (Mgr: ......)

B

biglou

To say that I "ride like a girl" would be doing a disservice to girls everywhere! :laugh:

Psst: Way to alienate 52% of the population there, Pred. :debil:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm in for the following:

Wednesday

10:00 <B>Poker Run</B>

5:00 Pit Bike Extravaganza&nbsp;&nbsp; (If I can borrow a pit bike)

<B>Thursday
</B>
10:30 <B>Tag Team</B>

1-4:00pm&nbsp; <B>Team Hare Scramble</B>

4:00&nbsp; <B>Trials Event</B>

7:00 <B>Moto Bingo </B>

<B>Friday</B>

9:00 <B>Hare Scramble</B> - <B>Mens</B>

3:00 <B>GP Race</B>

8:00 <B>Night-Time Poker Run</B>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (Maybe)

<B>Saturday</B>

11:30 MX <B>B-Class</B>

&nbsp;

Whoohooo! Can't wait! :yeehaw:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
What the heck, we gotta sign up NOW for our races, geeesh, I'm lucky if I get my butt to DW for God's sake!! Just count me in, yes, for ALL the events, you heard me. I got a dress for the women's mx, a gray wig for the old timers, a pillow for the big guys race, NVG's for the night rides, a blotter for the bingo and a hand for the poker runs. I'm riding C class but running the track backwards with Gomer on the handle bars which will double for bikes with lights with his gleeming smile.

Can I just sign up when I get there cause knowing my luck, I can't guarantee which bikes will be running at set time.;)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by a454elk

Can I just sign up when I get there cause knowing my luck, I can't guarantee which bikes will be running at set time.;)

Just bring the XR, you know it will run and we can beat anyone else out there in the team races even if we just swap out on it! :)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Wednesday

10:00 Poker Run (Mgr: Crispy) I'm in

Thursday

10:30 Tag Team (Main Track) (Mgr: Okie) I'm in

1-4:00pm&nbsp; Team Hare Scramble (Mgr: MrLuckey, Mully, Offroadr, Coop)

I'm in

7:00 Moto Bingo (Mgr: Nikki) I don' tknow what this is but I'll be in.

Friday

9:00 Hare Scramble - Mens (Mgr: MrLuckey etc) I'm in

3:00 GP Race (Grass Track) (Mgr: Okie) I'm in

8:00 Night-Time Poker Run (Mgr: Crispy) I'm in

Saturday

9:00 MX C-Class (Main Track) (Mgr: ...) I'm in

11:00 MX Bikes w/Lights (Main Track) (Mgr: ...) I'm in

I signed up for C class MX (where I raced last year and didn't win it) I'll bump up to "B" if mandated. However I never ride MX tracks just GP's. I signed up for "C" again Because I definately need a break between the bikes with lights and the B class.

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Please Sign me up!!! :yeehaw:

Poker Run

Women's Harescramble

Team Harescramble

Trials Event

Night Time Poker Run

Women's MX B

Nikki's Moto Bingo

What's up with the Chili Cookoff?&nbsp; I'm in for that too!:cool:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
My Dad(Grady) and I will both do the following:

Wednesday
10:00 Poker Run

Thursday
1-4:00pm Team Hare Scramble
4:00 Trials Event

Friday
9:00 Hare Scramble - Mens
8:00 Night-Time Poker Run

Saturday
9:00 MX C-Class

LazyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2003
Just a question do the junior's not get a race saturday on the main track or just on the small track?

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Well as of right now -
Lew, Nick, Josh
Day time poker run
Team Harescramble
Mens Harescramble

Two questions -
What is Moto bingo (course etc.)?
What is the GP grass track like?

Lew

B

biglou

Lew-Moto Bingo is actually a bingo game with cards, etc. The GP track is a giant field (10+ acres?) with a nice G-out off on one side. Not sure of routing yet, but in the open field last year, you find top gear in short order with about 2/3 of the field left to go (just had to keep an eye on that G-out!). I think the intent of the GP grass track this year will be turns instead of speed. Should be fun. Kinda like Supermotard on grass! :thumb: :yeehaw:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
MX-727: Poker Run, Tag Team with Zack, Team Harescramble, Harescramble, GP, MX B

Robin: Poker Run, GP, Women's MX B

Zack: Poker Run, Tag Team with MX-727, Team Harescramble, Harescramble, GP, MX B

Haley: Kid's Poker, GP, Kid's MX, Women's MX B

Last edited:
Top Bottom