whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
There is a thread in the DW02 forum about tires choices for Cooperland: DW '02 tire preferences
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61347&highlight=tires

Great discussion but no one ever followed up with an after DW tire report. If you have some time let us know how those IT’s, M12’s, 756’s, and other brands worked out for you and what you are planning to run this year. I’m leaning toward a M12 rear and a 756 or a S12 for the front, but would like to hear how things worked out for everyone from last year.
Thanks for the replies,

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
756 (I was one of the unlucky folks who got into the Maxxis mix-up with Cyclewerkz) worked great on the HS course. But I think any tire would have worked great, given the awesome conditions & that sweet grass track. They even held up well for quite a while after DW.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Any tire that holds air will do just fine with me.:p

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I ran 756 on rear (my fav tire) and 755 on front. I currently have a 739 on the rear but will go back to 756 next time.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Chris keeps it worked and watered. The red color makes one think of clay, but it is more of a sandy loam, with the emphasis on loam. When deciding between two soft-intermediate tires, I'd go to the softer tire. I wouldn't go to the extreme of using a sand or mud tire.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm going to stick with a round tire. Pretty much anything with knobbies. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red and I ran Maxxis IT's at DW and they worked great (but then again we run IT's EVERYWHERE and they always seem to work great). We found the track to be loamy in spots on Friday after some rain and getting worked up... but pretty hard packed on Saturday for the races - so intermediate tires were the ticket.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by nikki
we run IT's EVERYWHERE and they always seem to work great

I am going Maxxis next time.

I went with some Michelin this time b/c I had a gift cert to one of the local shops but I know of several people who have loved the Maxxis IT.

Ivan

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thekid is using Maxxis ITs right now on his CR125. They have about 10 hours onthem and look like new- the main wear is from this weekend a wet concrete start. He spun pretty bad on the first moto. If not for that they would still be squared off.
They seem to hook up great no matter what track surface.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I want to turn the table a bit but not intending to steal the thread. I got a question about front tires. Like I said earlier, I have a 755 on the front and it's the same tire that came on my bike. It looks in pretty good shape except for some slight rounding of the knobs. How often do most of you change your front tires? When do you know it's time to change the front, is it a visual thing or can you simply tell by the performance? Mine seems not to bite as well as it used too but it may just me my imagination from not being on the bike as often as I used to be.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If the fronts knobs are rounded, time for a new tire. Like Senior KX said, you should get 2 or three rears to one front.

Top Bottom