dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
ok...i took the new bike apart i bought...and took the headers and muffler of where the headers meet the exaust the wuz a gardan house...looked like but had a hole in it so do i replace that with a rubber hoes...or what and the header wuz just held on by the to springs...?and come right out the flange with no gasket on it or anything is that all that holds it in....cuz it seems have exaust leak there..?anyone help thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If you would re-post that using the English language and proper grammer, you might get an answer. :whoa:

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
ok....on your cr...1998.... what holds ur header to your block, on mine i have just two springs that hold it inside the flange, it looks like there should be something else because it looks like theres oil or something leaking out or exaust leak...and where the end or the header meets the exuast they had a rubber looking hose connecting the pipes together...anyone help thanks

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
The two springs are the only thing that holds the expansion chamber to the jug. There is a gasket between where the header meets the jug and it sounds as if yours is split or damaged. It would remove the expansion chamber and check this situation out...

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
ok...so where the flange goes to the block...? with the three bolts may need a new gasket..? is that what your saying...? now what about where the end of the header meets the tail pipe...?what goes there they guy i bought it of had rubber hose

mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
thers a gasket that goes between the flage and the cylinder , get some exhaust tape sealent , you can get it at a bike shop its awesome stuff and wrap it around the flange before you slip the pipe back on , as for where the pipe goes into the silencer you could order the correct gasket from Honda or you could just find a piece of rubber hose at the auto parts store and slip it over the joint and put a hose clamp on each side and your done.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You don't "need" the hose that goes between the muffer and the expansion chamber. You'll leak a little oil on your air box, but this is strictly cosmetic.

Top Bottom