fuzzball1670

Mar 23, 2004
I know this is a frequently asked question but which exhaust combo would be better? :think:
--- FMF SST w/ FMF shorty silencer or
--- ProCircuit Platinum pipe w/ R304 shorty silencer
I am just looking to go as fast as the bike can with no other mods except maybe v-force delta 2 reeds. I am lookin to get into mx soon too. I have a '98 CR125.
thanks

~~~Tim :aj:

Last edited:

DirtDragon

Oct 22, 2003
I am running the ProCircuit Factory Pipe w/ R304 Shorty Silencer on my 2000 KX250 and its pretty dang fast. I don't have any experience with the FMF setup so I can't tell you much about it.

fuzzball1670

Mar 23, 2004
Alright thanks.
I've been thinkin ProCircuit all the way but i just wanted to make sure because I'm gonna go to planet honda on Rt.202 on the PA, DE border tomorrow :yeehaw: and might just order somethin. I'm also gonna get the V-force Delta 2 reeds and was just wondering:
1. If i would need to jet the bike with all this...
2. Since i have no experience, should i get a pro to do all this...
3. What other upgrades should i get?...
4. Has anyone ever found any good graphics for the '98 CR125?...
If you can answer any of these questions it'll be a lot of help.
Thanks

Tim

DirtDragon

Oct 22, 2003
1. I hear its a good idea, depending on your stock jetting. I only know the jetting on my KX250.

2. Install is extremely easy, and not a long process at all. A little note, it's good to do your own work unless its something totally out of your league. However, pipe + shorty is in your league and quite fun to do.

3. Before you start throwing mods on, do the pipe + shorty and see how you like it. You can do quite a bit to your bike to fit around your riding style.

4. I dont have a 98 CR125, so I can't help you there.

Send me a PM and I will help you with the pipe install.

Travis

fuzzball1670

Mar 23, 2004
It says i dont have permission to send you a pm so ya know...
I've seen one of my friends and his dad install a yoshimura exhaust on his warrior and it looks pretty easy so i was countin on doin that part myself. I'm just afraid that if theres a jetting problem that i wont have any idea how to fix it.
But o well.
Anyone have any other pipe suggestions?

fuzzball1670

Mar 23, 2004
woohoo...
Just went to planet honda today and ordered the procircuit platinum pipe and shorty. :thumb: Itll be in wednesday and ill tell ya how it runs.

thanks

Tim

fuzzball1670

Mar 23, 2004
Thanks a lot man...
If i have to do anything more ill definately email you.
once i get a digital camera ill put some pics up somewhere too
:yeehaw:
Tim

Top Bottom