fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We have finished the second round of this series (the Mini Moose in Marquette). Thanks to the Sandstormers for putting on an excellent event. New trail was available and the second loop was at 18 mph. I see a trend starting...

We have had nearly 200 participants in these two events. This number should double after the Pine Cone in August (the granddaddy of these events). Anyone who has ridden both events improved their positions in the standings. Some non-DRN riders named VanFleteren and LaMee (Max and his mom) are leading their classes. ET has taken another commanding lead in young womens class.

The future of the enduros will be determined by the younger riders at these events. We have had 28 participants in the 9-11 year old classes and 41 in the 12-15 yo classes. Zach is in a dogfight in his class and Mark Stephenson remains in the hunt in the older group. Does anyone know Justin Zabel or Brandon Warner? I need to find out if they switched bikes since the Spring event.

In the old guys class, Nathan has moved into first place and OGB has improved his position also. I am going to attempt to attach a spreadsheet that includes the updated standings.

We are planning some changes for the banquet awards. I was told the medals were nice, but we want trophies. I am working with some sponsors to provide some giveaways for anyone on the podium within their class.

The Pine Cone is August 20th. I know that M. Lafferty will be there to hand out trophies and his nephew may be riding the event. I hope to see a lot of MTRs at this event. If you do not want to participate, but want to help at the event, let me know.

Attachments

• Family Enduro.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 294

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Mike.... I know of Justin Zabel. His family lives near me (West Bloomfield), and his dad Robert competes in the C-Senior class. I'll PM you their address / phone number.

Also, I can host a link to the Excel version of the score sheet... just e-mail it to me.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Hey, just a question. It says on that sheet that I got 3rd at the Mini Moose, but when they had the score cards up in Marquette they showed that I got 2nd. Which is it?

edit: It looks like the overall winner was in my class, bumping me down to 3rd for series points.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Nathan, Each club may split classes for the presentation of trophies. However, they need to be combined for the points.
Bill - I will send you the spreadsheet on Monday.
Mike

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - thanks for the update! Mark and I will be there for sure.

Man, I only wish I had had a shot at such a series when I was a kid! My first Pinecone was sometime around 1979 or so! (2nd or 3rd running of it?)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Ted - your math skills are amazing!

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Too bad I missed the Mini Moose (not my fault!) :( . I'll have to do good at the fall
Pine Cone if I want to stay alive in the standings

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Fatherandson:
Hi! I'm Brandon Warner's dad. Yes we switched bikes for the Mini Moose.
We were planning on bringing the 85 to the spring Pine Cone but the weather forecast scared us into bringing the smaller bike. Probably ruined his chances for the series.
I think I met you briefly at the Mini Moose sign-up. I've been watching this forum since Badgerman told me about it a year and a half ago. A great bunch of motorcyclists and all around nice humans.
My computer skills are limited and dial-up connection slow. But I'm looking foward to seeing everyone at the Aug. Pine Cone and would like to thank everyone involved with this series. I know it takes a lot of time and effort.
Thanks RUZZ

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
hey ruzz
carl from il here good to see you show up on the site.do you know if any of the photo people that where at mini moose have pictures for sale?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Ruzz, thanks for the clarification. We expect over 300 participants for the Pine Cone. For many people it will be their only event in the FES and they may not qualify for the banquet. I hope Brandon does well enough to get an award at the banquet in November. He is currently 4th in the 81-125 class (three in front of him have been at both events and probably will be at the third one). He is tied for second in the 0-80 class and only one person has been to both events. The top three in each class will get a banquet award. May be time for some strategy (OR - just go and have FUN!!!!!)

Z-8

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 25, 2005
Hey kdx633, I know you!
Last years photographer (Tom Buchkoe - www.buchkoe.com or 906-226-3459) sent us a pic. a month or two after the event. Might want to contact him?
Fatherandson, sounds like you've got a good handle on our situation. We're going to concentrate on having FUN! and let the points fall where they may. We've been very fortunate so far. Thanks again for all of your hard work.
RUZZ

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
D-14 Family Enduro Points Updated

Attached are the updated points for the Family Enduro Series. It includes the Spring Pine Cone and Mini Moose.

The Spring Pine Cone had 79 riders, and the Mini Moose had 62; there were 15 riders that made both events. These numbers do not include X riders.

Razz (Z-8)... You have one fast kid! Brandon would have been in 1st had he stuck to one class.

See you at the Pine Cone in a few weeks!

Attachments

• FamilyEnduroPoints.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 181

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit dog,
Thanks for your help on the spreadsheet. I have forwarded a copy to Paul Hudy. I hope the information is available on the D14 website in the near future.
Mike

Top Bottom