zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Just rec'd my Fastway Trail Tool shipped UPS today. http://www.mountainspeed.com/fastway/trailtool/ When I first opened the box, I was a little dissappointed... it just looked a bit cheap. It didn't look as refined & polished as it did in one of the magazine photos. I don't know what I was expecting for only $14.95.... it just initially reminded me of a bargain bin type deal you'd see at KMart.

BUT I took it out & started playing with it.... so far I'm actually impressed. Really, the only things that made it not look well built are cosmetic- the Fastway logo is actually just a sticker... the red plastic on the handle doesn't exactly match the red around the ratchet. Big deal.

The ratchet mechanism "feels" solid, with very "positive" feeling clicks. There's a warning sticker stating the ratchet mechanism has a 15 ft/lbs rating, and initial loosening/final tightening should be done with the tool in the "locked" position, not the ratcheting position. Don't know how I'm supposed to be able to tell when I've maxed 15 ft/lbs, but at least they have tested it & gave me some sort of guideline. With the ergonomic shape of the handle it feels like I'd be able to get quite a bit of torque with this tool, as opposed to a regular screwdriver-type handle. Sort of like a T handle that fits comfortably in your palm.

I like the hollow handle- it just gives room for adding another socket, or hex head, or anything else you may prefer but isn't included in the kit. Jets? Master link? Bubble gum? I dunno. But if you have small parts/pieces that'd be otherwise floating around in your fanny pack, this is a nice feature.

Speaking of included parts- they give you 8, 10, 12 & 13 mm sockets, 5 & 6 mm hex keys, 2 ea. slotted & phillips bits, & an extension arm all in a compact 3x4 plastic carrying case.

So I must say I'm pleased. I like it better than any other trail tool I've seen & I guess that's why I bought it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom