Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dats right, he's up in da UP for school in Houghton. I dropped him off on Monday night after a good T Bone steak dinner. Today I washed his bike and put it away for a looooong time. (Spring) I'm sure after he gets his lap top connected to the web we will get some yooper reports. Us flat landers will just have to see what he thinks of all the snow this winter. I'll get to see him again the first weekend in October.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It's that time of year - Andy just took off for Western Michigan, his first apartment. He's pretty excited. Even though it's only an hour away, I don't expect to see him for awhile - until the money runs low anyway!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yep and I have one already down at BJU in South Carolina to finish her senior year, another interviewing at U of M Med School and then back to GVSU to finish her senior year and another staying home to go to Muskegon Communty.
Tell you guys what, I think all those years of sniffing that 2 stroke smoke helped us produce some smart kids :ride:
BEST WISHES TO ALL YOU COLLEGE STUDENTS OUT THERE!!!
Hey Nate, dont worry about the snow buddy, WORRY about the bears :aj:

Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Fred we'll start a collection for a DRN, MTR, IWAAC commemorative pair of father Nelson snow shoes. That should help Nate fit right in up there in Houghton. Best of luck Nathan!

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Nathan,

You know that we're all proud to know you...

Edrye and I love the Keewenaw and will buy dinner for you and a friend each time we're up there...

Work hard, enjoy these years...

Blessings on ya'

Mike Sr.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Lets get it straight to be a yooper YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BIRTH CERT FROM A UP HOSPITABLE. 2nd Mich tech top 10 party school in USA Reason to many flatlanders coming up and corrupting us pure yooper's. But good news there is a good church there in the Hope fellowship they are a college geared and Christ centered church. Flatlanders heck they voted in a female canadian for a govener Heck could have done better with smit dog

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
So it begins,

Woodsy for President!
Smit Dog for Gov.!
Talk about corruption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred

We will have to have Nick and Magoo go check in on him from time to time! Would that be a good influence...or a bad one???hmmmmm on second thought, lets let Nate alone!

You got some good kids there Fred - as long as Nate doesnt start engineerig those "remove the engine to change a spark plug" type things, I am sure he will do great things!

fifteeeeeen secooooonds........................

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
yeah eh' its better that fred doesnt know whats going on. Smit dog govener ah how about governes. But then its sounds like ol smitty likes dem der snow cows to him its better than politic's. Was it him in the out house with one maybe .

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Ahh yes, good old Michigan Tech. I just graduated from there this spring after a short 5 year career as a student. Hope he's ready for snow, and lots of it! I know I'm going to miss it this year living in Cass City now.

If he is looking to get a job and likes wrenching he should look at Dan's Polaris. I worked there 3 years and I know they are hurting for workers right now. It's a blast working there, can't wait to go back up and see everyone in 2 weeks. I miss the UP :(

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
*Top 10 Party Schools
1) State University of New York at Albany
2) Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Va.
3) University of Wisconsin-Madison
4) West Virginia University, Morgantown
5) Ohio University, Athens
6) Florida State University, Tallahassee
7) University of Texas-Austin
8) University of Georgia, Athens
9) University of Colorado
10) University of Mississippi

MTU does, however, hold the distinction of being ranked 4th in the "Least Politically Active" category. And allegedly it's a small college in Fargo SD (Houghton's sister city), that ranks 1st. Perhaps parts of YooperLand are still bitter over their failed succession.

I will say though that the school has some major brainiacs to be sure. Heck, they even have a course titled "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy". And who has time to go huntin' and trappin' after building snow castles till 5am?

Seriously, the school has outstanding credentials in technology and engineering research. My college roommate's dad is Dr. Baillod, chairperson of the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at MTU. Had it not been for the language barrier, issues with beer freezing, snow cows, and frankly SAT scores that fell well below MTU standards, I would have applied.

*Source: 2004 Princeton Review

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Hey everybody. Just wanted to say a quick hello to my fellow MTRs. My laptop still isn't up yet. You see, there are 3 guys living in my room and there are only 2 internet connections available per room, so I need to finagle a little modification to our hook-up. :p Hopefully in a couple of days I'll be online again.

Other than being crammed into a tiny room with 2 other guys, everything's been pretty great up here. My classes started today and have been...uhh...well, I didn't fall asleep so that's good, right? :) No, actually they're pretty cool. Tough but cool.

Talk to you later,

Nate

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Nate - GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!! We are ALL very proud of you and, certainly, wish you the best in both your studies and your new campus "life"! Please remember to "Sieze the Day" - EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL!!
Also, wIth every class that they require you to take that doesnt seem to have anything to do with your Major just remember this - GIVE IT YOR BEST SHOT AND YOU WONT HAFTA DO IT AGAIN :aj:
SMOKE EM BUDDY!!
Woodsy

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Hey Nate, If you want to 3 connections in your room, just start a network.
It is super easy if you're running windows.
All you need is a disk, a HUB, and (3) LAN cards.
SUPER EASY.

And the cool thing, is that you do not need to take turns. You all can be on at the same time.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
team-green32 said:
Hey Nate, If you want to 3 connections in your room, just start a network.
It is super easy if you're running windows.
All you need is a disk, a HUB, and (3) LAN cards.
SUPER EASY.

And the cool thing, is that you do not need to take turns. You all can be on at the same time.

He's got a hub on order, they all use LAN cards already. If you use a router you can hook up to 4 computers on the same IP sddress. With a hub you need seperate IP addresses I think.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
A router is kinda' illegal around here and I don't feel like getting kicked out for stealing internet service. I'll wait for my hub to be ready.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom