nfisher87

Oct 30, 2002
Hey guys,
I have a 1997 KDX220 and its time for some freshing up. I'm currently in the process of converting to dual purpose as I'm going to college and the idea of saving money on gas is great as well as the insane coolness factor of ripping through the streets to class. I am replacing all the wearables but am a little stuck on the forks. I was wondering how to completely disassemble them. Help on what stiffer springs to get as I've heard xr400 springs are a big help. I weigh 150 lbs and am an intermediate riding almost all trails with the occasional tabletop here and there. Any "secrets" or tips to set-up as well as how to install fork seals is greatly appreciated. Thanks again! :aj:

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
Check out KDXposed on www.frpoffroad.com . Basically get a .38mm (or higher)sized spring which you can order from his site (cheap to) and replacement is as easy as changing the oil. I changed mine out in under 15 minutes. Easy stuff even for an idiot like me. Just remember that the stiff you go since you don't weigh that much it will be felt in the woods. Best secret I know of is the Kawasaki Service Manual, buy it! It will tell you how to take anything you need apart. Good Luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom