Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Make your choice.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
not having one of these aluminum bikes, can someone tell me the plus/minus of having the frame guards on this machine?

I would probably lean toward the CF on these, as aluminum guards would probably wear bad on the aluminum frame . . .

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The only real advantage I've see with any frame guard is some protection for the rear brake master. Wear and tear on the frame/boots is just part of riding in my book.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've got the works connection aluminum frame guards on my CRF and I had them on my CR500 Never eperienced any problems.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
those voting none. You do realize that the rear brake master cylinder is protected by the frame guards right?

why would you go into the woods/rocks/offroad without protecting what you can?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Because to much crap is just more crap that can fall off/get caught/end your day......sorry PK, I hate those damn over protected bikes that never see anything but the back of a truck.......know what I mean?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Not in this case nope.

I suppose you'll vote against the fuzzy dice too?:p

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm working on an alternative, stand by.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
No fuzzy dice, but the bull balls hanging off the back fender would be okay!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So should we re-poll based on AJ being able to make a master cylinder guard? I voted for them because I prefer to have it protected but don't really see the need on a frame like the CR/CRF. AJ confirmed he could indeed make a MC guard no problem. Personally I'd like to see it go this way as it' would be a lot cleaner solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom