D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey everyone,
I thought I would see if any MTR's are planning on attending the benefit for Fritz Kling tonite 5pm. to midnite at the Bath Twp. hall In Bath Mi. For more info and the full story go to www.cyclenews.com. They have an article from earlier this week.
I hope to see some of you there it will be a good time for a great cause. :cool:

Dave L.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Just to add to this here's some additional info from the Cycle News article. For those of us who can't go to the benefit you can send a donation via PayPal. It's for a really good cause. I road raced with Fritz back in the early 80s (well I mostly got lapped by him :whoa: ), and he's a really good guy who desperately needs a hand here.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=12046

The benefit for Kling is scheduled on March 22 at the Bath Charter Township Community Center, located at 5959 Park Lake Road, Bath, Michigan, 48808. The benefit will include an auction of donated items. In addition, a bank account (#4532119619 at Citizens Bank, 3015 East Saginaw Street, Lansing, Michigan 48912) and a PayPal account (fruitflies3@aol.com) have been set-up to receive donations to the Kling family.

For additional information on the benefit for Fritz Kling, contact Brent Hurst at (517) 896-0242 or at brent@collegebikeshop.com.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Thanks Rich,
I just got an update from one of our clubmembers who has helped organize the benefit. They have already raised $18,000.00 going into tonite's benefit!!! There goal was $20,000.00, so everything raised tonite will be icing on the cake. Gotta go!!!

Dave Leathers.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's great news Dave. I know a bunch of us old Midwest WERA guys will be sending PayPals that hopefully will help some.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Dave - How did it go?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Rich Rohrich said:
Dave - How did it go?

Rich,
The benefit was a great success!!! :cool: My guess would be at least 300 to 400 people showed up. They had a ton of stuff to auction off, memorabilia, a couple of pit bikes and Nick Wey and His family showed up!! Nick spent a lot of $$, and also donated one of his helmets & a sweet set of riding gear autographed. The whole Freek Brothers gang were there, and our club member Mike Beckwith who helped organize the event got up on stage and raised over $1000.00 to cut off his over 32 years of long hair. :yikes: He was the last of the Freek Bros. with a ponytail and they cut it off in front of everyone cheering them on. Everyone had a great time, A bunch of $$$ was raised for the family and hopefully this will get them out of the pinch they are in. :nod: Thanks for your interest in this Rich.

Take Care,
Dave Leathers.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's good to hear it was such a success. It renews my faith that motorcycle people are still the best around.

Top Bottom