Monk-E

Dec 29, 2004
I hear a lot of people changing from 2 strokes to 4. I have just started riding about 9 months ago on a 250f and what a machine, great low down grunt. but after a while I got used to the power and was all was using the high end revs so I thought ill try out a 2 smoker. A bit reluctant I went out and purchased a 04 YZ125 and :yikes: WOW :yikes: this thing is crazy, the way the power hits you its great it was a little difficult at first getting used to a power band but now i love it and im never going to go back to the thumper. its just so much more fun and the way you can throw it in to corners and blast out twice as quick is unreal. the only bad thing i can find with this bike it the suspension is a little stiff, but it is a new bike so I should give it a while to break in. I think I would recommend this change to any one who is an aggressive rider and has been riding 4 strokes since they started riding it might not be every ones cup of tea but it is certainly mine. :laugh:

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
I am starting to see a few people go back to two strokes. Some because they miss the 2 stroke hit, others from concern over maintenance problems down the road.

jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I was a thumperholic for 5 years and really liked my yz250f. Yesterday, I bought a 2005 yz250. Instantly I noticed a lighter feel vs my 250f just pushing it in my truck. I went back to two strokes for several reasons. a) maintenance/rebuilds, b) wanted to be a little more competitive in vet class mx without the top heaviness of the 450's c) change- I had a 00 yz 250 and liked the bike just forgot how to ride two strokes currently. Take care.

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
showtime586 said:
I am starting to see a few people go back to two strokes. Some because they miss the 2 stroke hit, others from concern over maintenance problems down the road.

Let’s not forget "FOUR STROKES ARE TO LOUD."

We are going to loose our riding areas from complaints of all the racket the 4’s make. I read some place recently that race fans are going to stop attending the races because the spectators can't hear for days after the race.
I can relate completely. Went to Walton for the Nationals, I couldn't hear for days & I spent most of the event with my fingers stuffed in my head..

Long live the 2 stroke.

2002 YZ250
2001 380EXC
2001 KX100
Not a 4 stroke in the stable.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom