Moshi

Nov 7, 2005
Hi,
I am getting gear oil into my stator housing... not sure where its coming from... maybe from from the clutch lever canal or something... bike runs good otherwise - except its started idling a little high lately (as though its lean), but I've put that down to holes in the expansion chamber and possibly mis-adjustment on my part when i cleaned the carb the last time (took out the airscrew and lost count when counting revoultions... :laugh: ). Whats wrong, or which seal is gone and does this indicate other problems?
Moshi

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Where the clutch lever goes into the case is a small oil seal that is leaking. Remove the flywheel and stator to remove the lever. Then you can get to the seal to pry it out and replace.

xeroxed874

Dec 21, 2005
Moshi said:
Hi,
I am getting gear oil into my stator housing... not sure where its coming from... maybe from from the clutch lever canal or something... bike runs good otherwise - except its started idling a little high lately (as though its lean), but I've put that down to holes in the expansion chamber and possibly mis-adjustment on my part when i cleaned the carb the last time (took out the airscrew and lost count when counting revoultions... :laugh: ). Whats wrong, or which seal is gone and does this indicate other problems?
Moshi

From my experience that would be bad crank seal and the oil your seeing is unburnt oil that lubricates your crank bearings. It will also make your bike run lean because its sucking air threw the seal. If you keep riding the bike like this you will most likely seize the top or bottom end from running lean and not enough lubrication.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom