TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Well looks like the dirt bike has to go. Between gas prices and our new hobby looks like I'm hard pressed to find time to ride.
Crys and I have started playing with paintguns over this last month. Man it is a blast, it's great getting to do something that both of us enjoy doing together. Besides there's nothing better than shooting your spouse after a long week at work.... :laugh:
Never could get her to ride alot after the crash she had on her brothers bike. So we have been looking for something we both could enjoy, something out of the norm. This isn't to say that I won't be riding still. We will be getting us a road bike in the spring. Decided to get a Honda VTX 1300 or 1800, not sure of what size will suite us best though. That's where some of you guys that ride road could help out.....What size ya think? Some pointers would be great.

Craig, we would have to meet up down this way in the spring and make a weekend of riding the Mountains. I know of some great areas to ride and also eat.

Well I'll shoot for one more ride up Stillwater way before I call it quits with the dirt bike. You guys stay safe and I'll see ya soon....

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
I like to spend time with my two loves...My wife and Bike..lol

looks like you must "love your bike" but youre not "in love with your bike" LOL:boss: :boss:

you must be newlyweds??...........cause in a couple years you will wish you still had that bike :bang: if you love it like the bio says so

see ya around ;)

Yz250f=secks

Mod Ban
Sep 23, 2005
Ah man, i was in your same situation... i left paintball to dirt bike... I was on Team dvc sponsored by smart parts... I shot a shocker, and my back up was teh ion... I also had a proto. I played few 3 years and i also dirt biked. But i quit and bought 2 new bikes... 01 yz250F and 02 rm 250 getting it tomorrow!

In my opionion if you play speedball and you are trying to do somthing with it like go am pro/pro it will be way more then dirt biking. If you dont have a sponsor. The first 2 yrs of paintball i well spent over 25K with guns/paint.Practicing 3 times a week at 80 a case plus air fills is crazy. But then i got a sponsor ( smart parts ) and got picked up by dvc. But it was just to expensive and i enjoyed dirt biking better.

Trust me, if your playing woods ball it will be alot cheaper then dirt biking, but if you play speedball youll lose your wallet.

Good luck!

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Don't you wish you could just do it all?
Sorry to lose you on the dirt side, but wives are alot nicer to sleep with than a bike.

Heading to the Red River enduro, this weekend.
We are looking for an opportunity to take the street bike out to see some fall colors. May be able to get out weekend after next? We were talking about doing the Talimena drive again, since we were a week or two early last year.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
LOL, newlyweds......Guess some would call 10 years together newlyweds.

We are playing woodsball two weekends a month as a hobby. I know what ya mean about the expense though, paintballs aren't cheap. But I was figureing out how much I was spending each year on bike maintance and parts. It panned out that we can both have a hobby like woodsball for what I was spending on my dirt bike every year.

Craig I agree with you though, wish all of us could afford more. This weekend would be great for riding the road bike though. The leaves down this way are just about right. We went up in northern Arkansas last friday, it was beautiful with all the leaves turning. If you have never been up that way I would suggest a trip up there on the bike. Well good luck at your enduro this coming weekend. I'll see you guys sometime in Nov.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sorry to hear but understand. I've not ridden but four times or so in TWO years. I'd like to sale the bike but don't have time or energy(or heart) to even charge the battery and put it for sale. :ahhh:

Top Bottom