crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Hey spodes, looks like I will finally be able to try one of these "fancy" enduro type things, how do I get a row? I will ride the short course, are any of you guys going to be there? Thanks. :ride:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
We'll all be working it, so we'll see you on the trail!
Dwreck and I just took a loop looking for trouble spots to get cleaned up before race day. Looks pretty good. Dust was minimal, and if we get a little more rain, it sure wouldn't hurt.
Are you going to drive in Sunday morning, or camp/motel it?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
:(

Somebody save me a shirt and I'll promise to stay in LA and help you guys avoid 9 inches of rain on the w/e of the race.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll likely work the race. Not up to that hard of a ride in the heat.

jawbones

Jun 16, 2006
A couple of questions: Any Motocross guys on this forum? And, is there any older guys riding Enduro? My son and I are just now getting into the dirt bike scene and the motocross thing seems to be for the younger guys, he's 16 years old. I'm 42 and man this is addictive! We have been riding at Ascot at Dora, OK. and Sundance at Caulksville, AR. also we have rode a practice at River Valley but got rained out yesterday. Thanks

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, I'm 51 and still riding a couple enduros each year. Mostly we just do fast trail riding. ("Fast" is a relative term.) I wouldn't consider motocross, I'm sorry. It's just too dangerous. (This from the guy typing this with a broken collarbone from a log jump in the woods.) Most of my friends who have gooten hurt have done so on motocross courses, either casing a jump or getting jumped on by some idiot. You can ride the woods a long time without getting hurt, if you ride within your limits. I ride with my three grown sons and sometimes my daughter. I have discouraged them from motocross as well. We have a great time in the woods, and we ride all day, not just a couple of 20-minute motos. The Double Eagle is a great, pretty easy course -- not extremely technical, just lots of fun trails. Good one for your first enduro.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I used to be split 50/50 MX/Woods but over the last couple of years have migrated to pretty much woods w/the occasional putt-putt around the mx track. But that would imply that I've actually ridden since last August so what do I know.Also should mention that I'm no where near as old as JMD (sorry Jim :p ) here but no where near as fast either :ride: . I just prefer the woods, guess it comes from all the years on a mountain bike wishing it had a throttle at times.

Golden Eagle is a good one, wish I could get free for a long weekend cuz I'd be there for sure.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think that track riding is the best way to improve your skills quickly and get faster, and it's great fun. But it's dangerous. If you could have the track to yourself, and be very careful to stay within your limits, increasing speed incrementally, you would probably be OK. But it just takes one mistake on a big jump to wind up really hurt, so while I would really like to race MX, I control my impulses and don't. I figure I'll be able to ride well into my sixties that way.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
We just got about 8/10ths of an inch this morning. Trails will be great by Sunday.

Swift, I've been meaning to call you but I've been getting home late.

If you can make it give me a call and let me know what you want to do. Bryan is going to ride sweep and needs another rider or two if your interested.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds good to me, what time to I need to be there? I'll be busy most of today. Call my cell, the 630#.

Top Bottom