fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Anyone Want to hook up for a ride this weekend or next week for a ride? Doug and i will probably head out for a day or two and the weather has been so mild that snow levels are pretty high which opens up a few opportunities on the east side as well.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I can go as long as it's Dec 8th or later. :ugg: I work saturdays, and my sundays are packed until then. I REALLY want to ride with you guys. Let me know!

Jeremy

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Dave, so what's going on with a group ride? Jeff and I plan to ride on the 8th. Any others able to go? My Sunday rides are very limited and I'd like to get together with as many people as possible.

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I got all of next week off but I have a race coming up on the 8th in monroe. Jeremy want to go like hit up rieters on monday? I got my orv tags/tabs now but still no spark arrestor (not like anything is gonna catch fire now anyways) I really want to take my F out on the trails.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I might try to make the trip over if it's possible, then I can hang out with D again :aj: and hit the dunes on the way home, again. No crashing this time though.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Joe, this monday I think I'll be riding locally. I don't know if I'll be going to Reiter again on a monday until the days get longer. Last time it took me 3 hrs to get home. I need to ride up there until at least 6 or traffic sucks. Why don't you come down here and ride?

Jeremy

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Damn I won't be able to go now I have to adjust the valves on my F they are off every so slightly and its causing the bike to not run properly. I was hoping to go awhile longer before having to do the inital adjustment but it has to be done.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Well just in case you are wondering the trails at Tahuya are in good shape with few ruts and the gravel is swept off the faster trails and the single tracks are in great condition due to the minimal amount of rain. We also hit naches from the west side via green pass from government meadows and the trails are in good shape but it is a bit chilly till you get to the lower elevations. Very little snow but there are a few pockets at 5000 ft +. We got out tuesday and thursday and saw few other riders.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
but still no spark arrestor (not like anything is gonna catch fire now anyways)

As far as I know, nobody has ever started a fire with exhaust sparks, but . . .

As far as the DNR is concerned, the forest is unseasonable dry and even though DNR enforcement officer Kevin is a great guy, his bosses have him in zero-tolorence mode.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Don't expect them to cut you any slack on the spark arrestor issue fire danger or not. Rules are rules and the smart guys are checking spark arrestors to see if they are uncorked. The USFS approval also indicates that it passes a sound level criteria as well which is a pretty big issue these days. More sound= less ground.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Normally I would ride with one all I have been doing is closed course mx lately. When I do get one I'm going to get the FMF Q its got to be one of the best ones out there espeically on noise. I heard it makes it as loud as stock xr 250.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
Any one going to tahuya on Sunday the 8th? Jeremy and i are going on a ride, hopefully a group ride, 20-30 miles or so. Trail conditions at Tahuya are awesome right now. Just got back today. Maybe about 10:00AM at the Elphandal staging area. I have a white Toyota with a bike caddy on the back, my bike sits sideways on the back of my truck, if we go Sunday, I will be riding with Jeremy, I think.
LET'S GO RIDING!!
Little Jeff

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey MXP1MP--check BBR for the S/A insert to make your stock pipe FS legal. It will be the same sound level and horsepower as stock and the screen is removable for cleaning/replacement. Plus it is a pretty shade of Yamaha blue. ;) I have heard bad, bad things about the FMF Q--it's quieter, but really restrictive.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
We'll be there by 10. Jeff will be there too, and another friend on a WR. I'll be hanging w/the missus in the parking lot *sniff, whine* - but the boy is ready to roll as always

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Fish, I was just about to call you to see if you were coming, but it looks like you are! I'm hoping to make it there around 8 so I can get a little seat time on my new springs and get a good fast pace in before everyone shows up. If we're both there early, maybe you can show me some of the good singletrack out there.

Jeremy

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by firecracker22
I have heard bad, bad things about the FMF Q--it's quieter, but really restrictive.
I'm not so sure that is correct. One of the NMA comp committee members recently did a pretty comprehensive sound and ride test on a whole bunch of USFS legal silencers and I think the Q was well rated. Let me double check. I only speak up because the Qs are pretty quiet and I don't want to have them get a bad rep if it is not warrented.

I'll get back with the data.....

Top Bottom