trivial

Feb 14, 2002
I am looking for a set of quality (and reasonably priced) handguards/ barkbusters to go on a set of Carmicheal bend Fatbars. Any suggestions? I am looking for something that will be an easy no toil installation.

Thanks

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
No question: get the Cycra Pro Bends with the triple clamp mounts (instead of handlebar). They have a cool bend to give you more room, they are strong (I've never spun them) and high quality. http://www.cycra.com

Though the Enduro Engineering guards come in a close second.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I second the cycra probend/triple clamp mount combo. I just installed them on a 2001 kx500 w/ applied bar mounts and CR Hi Renthal fatbars @ 29.25" wide. I expected to have to hammer, bend, bleed, and swear, but everything lined up perfectly.
If you post your email address, I can send you detailed digital photos of them. The pics are too big to fit on DRN, or I'd put them in the photo section.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I did have to trim the bars a bit on my new Pro Tapers (CR Hi) but I wanted to anyway. Only about 1/2" on each side.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I had the acerbis rally all-plastic types and they did their job but ALWAYS spun on a decent crash, but now I run the Enduro Engineering models, and boy are they sooooo much better! A riding buddy has the Cycra models and loves them too. Either way, as long as it has the aluminum insert to stiffen them up you should be ok.

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I just installed my new Emig top clamp with the trick handguard mounts.
The problem is my Cycra probends wouldn't reach with this new setup. so I tried to rebend them to fit and one of them broke on the vice. :moon:
I run TAG CR 2xHi bend(32" wide) fatbars as well and these new clamps are even higher mounts than the stock Tm.
So who makes some nice aluminum/strong barends that could fit? I don't really want to cut these bars down at all. They're narrow enough for our trees here in Nocal. :aj:

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
After talking to Gary Emig today. I ordered a set of Emig Racing handguards.First off I didn't realize they even make them.
He promised they will fit my setup and are made of superior 6061-T6 aluminum vs. many others recycled Pepsi can materials. Check the website (http://www.emigracing.com/CRHG2.jpg)they are even finished very nicely as well. Just like the T-clamp. :aj:

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
It looks like I am going to go with the Enduro Engineering guards...I dont want to trim down my bars...and I already have credit at MX South (they deal them).

Thanks for all of the replies

Top Bottom