Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Between my schedule and tweaked ankles from the Jan arenacross I haven't been on my bike with any regularity over the past few months. Last week I was in school in Dallas and had the chance to ride 3 nights in a row. I figured I'd suck, and I did. I had no stamina, my limbs felt like limp noodles and I got so tired making it hard to regain any confidence in my ability. I'm such a spode! The funny thing is I never got sore which is probably due to the fact I never put in enough laps at any descent pace to warrant soreness. Here's where it gets weird; It's been over a week since I rode and though I never got sore, my rotary cups started hurting and popping about Tuesday. By Thursday my elbows started hurting like I had tennis elbow, a feeling I know all too well, yet I hadn't been on the bike since last Thursday. This morning I woke up feeling no better but I was determined to make the best of the beautiful Saturday so I started by mowing the yard. After that I mostly piddled around the house doing odds & ends until about 12:30. I loaded up and headed to the track. I got to the track about 1pm and figured on riding 1 hour straight. They have redone the track and it was a chore to hold any kind of a line, especially through the whoops. I wasn't able to do an hour straight so I did 2-30 min with a 5-min break for water. After that I loaded up and headed to the house, washed the bike and took a much-deserved nap. After that I dug up some flowerbeds with Tigger and now I feel great. Elbows, shoulders, etc. feel fine. My back is a little tight from all the digging but I can understand that. Am I just getting old and stiff or what?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Still feeling good but I'm sore today!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Jeff, bud, you're get'n old, pretty soon you won't get sore from riding, you'll get sore and stiff from not riding; If I don't ride at least once a week, I walk around like Frankenstin, after I ride I'm loose for about 3 days

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Welcome to my world, Jeff. The combination of age and a misspent youth is cathcing up to me, I sound like a bowl of rice crispies when I get up in the morning. I now judge how I was riding by WHAT is sore two days later, If my elbows and shoulders are sore, then I kept my elbows up and was turning pretty well. If my knees hurt more than ususal, I was casing stuff, if I hurt everywhere, I crashed! :flame:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by gwcrim

Beats the heck out of the alternative, though. ;)

Dying? :p

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
jeff,
i noticed that you made the first post after your busy day. i agree on the wierdness of the body. anytime i get really active for a long period of time i hit a second wind that will let me go on forever. i did that mini triathalon in march and just knew i would be wiped out. it was the complete opposite. eventhough my body was tired, i couldnt nap and had the hardest time getting to sleep that night. i suspect its that "runners high" syndrome. body gets lots of oxygen over long period of time and the ole metabolism kicks up a notch or two.

Top Bottom