MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
The Kansas City NASCAR race is October 5th. That will probably cause places to run short of RV's and they will impose black-out days for the discounted rates during the week of DW. Cruise America hasn't blacked out the dates prior to the race yet, but they did last year, so you may want to make your reservations early.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
What's the cost of an RV for the week? I realize that it depends on the size, and luxury of the model, but a general idea of what to expect would be helpful.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I stayed all week at Motel 6 for $200.

Made bed, nice cool AC'd room, cable, hot shower, vending, washing machines, wake-up call, clean towels, clean place to shave, very few skeeters, 15 min drive to the track. Did I miss any of DirtWeek?  NO!
Do the math!

(btw..I think Thumps hooch ran about $1500):)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
My 20x20 tarp and frame cost me $200.00 for DW02 .... It will be free at DW03.  I have the frame materials of another already as well.  Maybe I will spend the $$ to make Camp Tejas 20x40.  That way we could have a garage, kitchen, living and bedroom area.  Of course that would require more 12V hot pepper lights. :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
  Maybe I will spend the $$ to make Camp Tejas 20x40.  That way we could have a garage, kitchen, living and bedroom area.  Of course that would require more 12V hot pepper lights. :)

I'm all for enlarging Camp Tejas and renaming it the Alamo.  With Tony's architectual brilliance and Txbigguy's chef abilities, THIS WILL BE THE PLACE TO BE AT DW03!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If it were just me, I'd get a cot and join you. But the Mrs. might want better accomodations.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
PK, after last year's exposure, I'd be willing to bet you have all kinds of offers for nocturnal accomodations. :o

If not, your agent Elkie should be able to help arrange something!

mhardee

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by Papakeith
What's the cost of an RV for the week? I realize that it depends on the size, and luxury of the model, but a general idea of what to expect would be helpful.

We rented one this year to go to the Knoxville Nationals (Sprint Car Race) from Cruise America - Looked like the MTV Road Rules Motorhome.

One week = $1,800 with the 1,200 mile mileage addition (I think it was .50 a mile if you went over - could get pricey). Also, they charged $3.00 per hour for running the generator (but I have heard that the hour meter can de disabled)..

It was a nice ride - but a little pricey...

Mark...

tcarp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
I reserved on their web site a few days ago a 30ft Motorhome for about $750. It comes with 500 miles included and if I pick it up in OK City I wont go over that amount. Figured I would drive my truck and bikes to stillwater, drop off the bikes and then drive to OK City to pick up the motorhome. Might be cheaper to just buy a generator from Home Depot. Plus it gives me justification to the wife on buying a generator :)

Hit their web site and choose the weekend getaway package.. Mines from the 29th of Sept to the 6th of Oct.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Hmmm 20 X 40 camp Tejas..... Yea I could have a full Kitchen then. Really make some food. :yeehaw:
I think I am going to bring a Generator this year. Kinda hard to cook alot under the lanterns. :cool:

Top Bottom