Feb 1, 2005
Thanks Tony and Bswift for the invite to SX Dallas. I may already have tickets (from a friend). If not I would definately like to meet and hang out with you guys. My son (age 5) and I are fairly new to Texas and to dirtbiking. I have been riding sportbikes on street/track for awhile now and have just recently given that up to pursue my sons passion for dirtbikes. I came off the street because it seemed like every weekend somebody I knew or knew of was crashing, care flighting, dying or all of the above! I have not ridden dirtbikes since I was a young teen. I went out for the first time (on my own bike) this weekend to Red River (in Muenster I believe) and I realized how much I have been missing out. I bought a 2001 Rm250 from a guy that rode it for about 2 1/2 hrs and lowsided it in a turn and broke his thumb. He never touched the bike again. He bought it as a left over in 2003. So I bought an almost new 2 stroke 250 for $2400. with helmet,goggles,,jersey and pants. I think it was a decent deal. I now know I should have bought something a little more trailable but, all in all it worked out very well for a stock MX bike on even some of the tighter more technical trail. I live in Denton and cannot wait to get out there and do it again :laugh:

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Congrats. Your story sounds pretty familiar to mine. My boy is now 6, and I've been riding dirt for about a year.

Everybody I've run into from here out on the trails rock. I'm pretty slow, and they all wait up for me at the intersections and are always willing to help with just about anything. There's different leaders too. Sometimes you'll find a sane pace, sometimes, a pace which seems suicidal. The different paces are a great way to learn and improve your skills. A couple of hours struggling and fighting with the bike (ie: going too fast) followed by a couple of hours of a decent rhythm really allows me to focus on what I'm doing wrong.

This is a great group.

Make sure you watch the NTSP forum. There's tons of "Who's riding" this weekend threads. As a matter of fact, it's been about 3 days since I started one. Maybe I'll do that now...

Welcome!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Welcome, keep an eye out for a ride. There's usually somebody chiming in every weekend about going somewhere, maybe not in the winter but for sure once it warms a little.

Watch out for that Brian guy on a KTM. I'm not even sure that's his real name.................

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
hey gixxer,

i too live in denton, on the north side by the stadium. i ride with most of these goons and i guess they are ok. j/k yall. i might of seen you the other day at muenster. ive ridden street going on 20 but like you the risk and looking over your shoulder all day gets old. i still have a zrx1100 in the garage but it sees sun rarely. ill bet i ride more mileage annualy on the dirt. some of us are track queens, some of us are exclusively trees, but we all are a pretty good bunch to ride with. we need to hook up and b/s/ride ect. give me a shout.

Feb 1, 2005
I look forward to meeting and hopefully riding with you guys soon! I am hoping to be at muenster again this weekend. I will not be hard to find, I'll be the guy that is riding/wrecking on a 01 yellow RM250. Oh, before I forget. My handlebars are slightly tweaked. Do you guys have any recommendations on a set of new ones (other than the obvious mega priced RENTHAL). I am looking at getting something that does not require changing out the clamps. Thanks guys!

Michael

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
kneedraggingixxer said:
Thanks Tony and Bswift for the invite to SX Dallas. I may already have tickets (from a friend). If not I would definately like to meet and hang out with you guys.

Although it is not definite as yet, I am going to guess that we will set up around the northern most highline poll in the west parking lot along Walton Walker.

To get into that section of the parking area from where you are coming from, head south on 35E and take the Walton Walker split towards Texas Stadium and exit 114. Keep going straight and turn acroos the bridge at the high point of the hill and enter the first gate on your right. The highline poles are in the outer part of the parking lot, you can't miss them.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
The highline poles are in the outer part of the parking lot, you can't miss them.

Yeah... just look for a little blonde headed 9 year old climbing half way up them or walking on his hands for extended periods of time or doing one armed push ups... and you've found the place. If you miss that... you can't miss the chef with the smashed can spatula working the grill. :laugh:

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
Hey, I'm 13 and pretty much just started riding. Would Muenster be a good place to learn or would it be too busy? I need a nice easy track that's near dallas. Thanks Ya'll!

JB

Top Bottom