peachie

Sep 24, 2005
Hi! Hope that title got your attention!!! As you probably already know, I am new here, and I need a little bit of help! I have recently moved to a small town called Young Harris, Ga. I am divorced, so it is just me and my 10 year old son. He has a dirtbike, which he loves, but nowhere here to ride it. I have a trailer and I know how to hook it all up, but where in the world do I take him around here to ride? Are there any tracks or just some nice trails in the woods here? Thanks for your help!! :)

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you can find some riders around where you live to hook-up with...um, I mean to ride with. You might check out the Southern Spodes chapter here at DRN.

peachie

Sep 24, 2005
Masterphil said:
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you can find some riders around where you live to hook-up with...um, I mean to ride with. You might check out the Southern Spodes chapter here at DRN.

Ok, maybe I will do that...um, check out that chapter, that is!! Maybe I can find a good rider to hang out with, while my kid rides his dirtbike!! Really, if theres anyone here from my area, please let me know!! ;)

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey Peachie! (just had to say that!)
Your pretty close to Talking Rock Arena, south of Elijay, just off of GA 5/515. Check out their web site at www.talkingrockarena.com. I've taken my 13 & 10 daughters there a couple of times last winter and had a great time. They have two tracks just for kids and the owner let my 82 year old Dad ride around on those as well. He was a genuinely nice guy (sorry, don't remember his name.) He is in the landscaping business so he has the equipment to keep everything well maintained.
A friend of mine has some land we've been riding on since then in Dawsonville, but that's not an easy drive from your place.
I haven't joined yet, but you can check out georgiaoffroad.com for other locations.
If there is anything else I can help you out with, give me a shout. Good luck, let me know how things go for you. Keep riding! :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site peachie :)

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have one of our finest members just to your east in South Carolina and he has a son near the age of yours. Gomer will surely pop in and say hi as the title to your thread will grab him like a bear when he sees honey.

Check out the Southern Spodes forum as well.

Also we need to get you on a bike! Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for great information on what dirtbikes might suit your needs and desires. There is a great group of folks that hang out in there always willing to help a newbie to the sport.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Masterphil said:
The Women's Forum may be more appropriate for her to find a a bike and get some encouragement from other Mom's out there much like herself.

Good point! Before you jump off and buy a bike you might want to check out the Bikes for the Ladies thread in the Women's Forum. Ask any questions that you might have and I am sure you will get all the answers that you will want. Some of the finest women in dirtbikes hang out in there daily

peachie

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks for your replies... I have never owned a bike myself, but, I would really like to have one. Last time I was at the motorsports store, I sat on a few and it felt great! Maybe sometime in the near future, I can afford one for me!!

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
Hello Peachie< I live in Hiawassee and have a 8 year old son, We ride lots of trails and a track that is about a mile from young harris, It's called Rockcrusher motorcross. Maybe your son would like to ride with us somtime?

peachie

Sep 24, 2005
Hey, chevy! Thats awesome, you live really close to me. Tell me more about this Rockcrusher place and about you and your son! Thanks!

chevy383cid

Aug 26, 2005
The rockcrusher is getting a major rebuilding as we speek, it will be done in about 2 weeks,and it will be one killer track,I think your son will love it<If you leave young harris and go towards hiawassee make a left at the light on the road thet goes to Hayesville<go about one mile and as soon as you get at the NC. State line take a left on Mcdonald road,stay on the road till your almost at the end(wich is where the rockcrusher gravel yard is)Take the last left and follow that road till it turns in to dirt go up to the gate (wich is closed do to recontruction) get out and walk over to the track! There is going to be a hairscramble track that winds around the mountain too, We have been riding there for about a year now and it is going to be alot better when their finished!! My son is 8 and has a XR 80 and hes's pretty good ,I ride a 02 KX 250 and have been riding all my life, there is severl places to ride around here,there is a good place in clayton,clarksville,2 in blairsville.If your son would like to go with us sometime let me know and we'll stop by and pick him up!! chevy383cid@yahoo.com

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
1.5 to 2.5 hours North; two options - one longer and faster, the other an awesome streetbike ride (a lot of 15 to 20 mph turns) but a slow go in a truck. Great scenery either way. Good luck with your move! Alpharetta has it's pluses and drawbacks, but all in all not a bad place to live.

Peachie, hope you both are settling in comfortably and doing well.

Dirt Rival

Oct 16, 2005
Hey

I'm only 10 to and I ride everywhere.Your son and I could chat. A great place to ride is at Mojave. They've got jumps and stuff to practice on. But sometimes it's really crowded there but it's great. :clue: Oh and go in the winter or your gonna burn. Keep riding. :nod:

Top Bottom