LittleE

Jan 9, 2006
Hello evevryone! I am pretty new to riding. I bought an '87 KDX 200 this past summer and just got an '03 KDX 200 for Christmas. I like to ride out at Wambaw Cycle trail in the Francis Marion Forest, but I don't know anyone who rides around here...or anywhere else for that matter. I am a car mechanic and don't really know much about these bikes, but love messing with them and am trying to learn. Also i would like to get into enduro racing, but don't really know what to expect. What class do I need to be in? Are there restrictions on mods to your bike? What do I need? Thanks!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Your first enduro you need your bike and you. Also a spark arrestor, this comes stock. You may need a licence for the bike depending on where you are. You usually need to pass a sound test, easy on a stock KDX. You can start out in the C class with others of your skill level. Talk to the other guys on your minute, ask at sign up to be put on a minute with an experienced guy, let them know that it is your first race, they are very helpful. I would get in touch with the club putting on the event before hand to find out what is up. If you want to try keeping time just get a roll chart and a watch and try if the old fashioned way, hey its cheap and your not going to win the A class anyway, :) Get a fanny pack and put what you think that you need in it..

There are some links on DRN about this first enduro topic so do a couple of searches and you will find a lot of info. If you don't let me know and I'll direct you to some info.

Oh remember that its just fun and don't get stressed about it. Go ride around and meet some ridding buddys!

Top Bottom