bully_23

Apr 22, 2005
Ok everybody i have been riding my current bike a 2002 Rm125 since October 2006 with little experience on any types of bikes previous to that. I have as you can imagine improved my riding ability significantly since then and I am feeling more comfortable on my bike. last weekend i competed in my first race and while I was at the back of the pack I didn't come last in both my moto's so i was happy.
Now my bike is 5-6 years old and I have encountered a few fairly expensive problems in the short time I have had it as a result of things just wearing out. It was owned by two people before me and was raced so things were bound to wear out. Now I purchased the bike for $3000 and have put about $2000 into it for repair bills(big end bearing, crankcase and transmission problems) and little things like bars and sticker kit. The bike is fine now and running great and I don't expect any major work needed to be done (apart from piston and rings) for quite some time. Now im only learning so the need for a brand new four stroke is not needed to give me a little edge over the competition. the fact that I am one of only a few still with a 2-banger doesn't worry me because I know i am not using any where near the bike's full potential anyway.
Now getting to my problem i received an offer (I didn't have it 4 sale) of $4500 for my bike which I consider to be pretty good. i wasn't thinking of selling my bike, however the thought of upgrading to a newer model bike appealed to me. Now here in australia $4500 will get you a 03-05 model of any of the major brand 2stroke 125's and would get you a 02-04 model yz250f
04-05 model kxf/rmz250 and 04-05 crf250. i am unsure what to do whether to just keep my bike for a few years or get a newer 2 stroke or get a 4 stroke which i found easier to ride when i had a test ride on a yammie. my main concern with the four strokes is cost of maintenance but if i found one with little hours i would be fine I think. any opinions advice or comments are very welcome thanks in advance. and sorry for the huge post

Jan 3, 2007
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

FILL THIS OUT SO WE CAN HELP YOU IN A BETTER CHOICE WITHOUT ASKING LOTS OF QUESTIONS. THANKS!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom