POHAKU

May 22, 2002
I am a new member, from Hawaii. I have a new '02 KDX 200. I am 5'9" tall and I can barely touch the ground, I want to lower the seat without adjusting or lowering the shocks. I have seen people cut the seats themselves? Or is there a Kit for lower seat? I really appreciate any help my fellow KDX riders can provide.
Thankyou. Aloha, Todd

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
There are lots of threads on lowering use the [search] button above & all will be revealed.

I’m 5’9 & was a bit of a Tar-baby (roadbike rider) so took a while to get used to the height of more modern dirtbikes & find now I have cut the foam down I almost want to go back.

So look at the boot raiser idea & you may find you want to leave alone, or at least make it reversible.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
You can do it yourself or take it to an upholstery shop. I saw a post a while back where someone had theirs done and it was a pretty resonable price I thought And apparantly the upholstery guys are experts at this type of stuff.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Give yourself some time. As mr. trustrum says, you'll want the height back.

You're not supposed to be hanging your feet out anyway.

Devol makes an adjustable set of pull rods. You can lower the seat height about 1/2" with them. You can put it back where it was in a couple minutes that way.

After 80-100 miles, I'm thankful I have every bit of seat foam I've got!!

Top Bottom