JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Got a quote from Hertz today for a car to run back and forth from DW to the motel. $55 a day...

Any other companies out there. Anybody want to rent me their car?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Fly. It will run ya' about $300 and you'll save days of travel.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He was talking about a local commute car Pantless...
There is always a ride to town Jeff, don't worry about it.

That rate would be double if you told them you were going to Cooperland.. rental companies just love dirtbikers :p

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Flying in Tuesday night...

Patmans picking me up and Okies giving rides to the hotel and Elks hauling the bike :thumb:

Im set.....Thanks guys

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I always try to find a rental place away from the airport, the airport ones charge a premium price for the convenience. :think:

Check out the local car dealers too...Sometimes they have rent a wrecks,
that's why they never have loaners when your car is getting serviced.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
If you are a AAA member you should be able to get one for way less than that. With Hertz the earlier you reserve a car, the cheaper it is.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by RMjeff
for a car to run back and forth from DW to the motel

..........and miss all the fun?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Dude, you are staying at the track so shut it! We'll get you a ride to the hotel for the shower and back, don't worry. Don't rent a car, plenty of folks go into town and you can hitch a ride if necessary or use my truck.;)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
No, no, no, rent the car. Make sure you mention that you'll need the insurance.

(Hmmmmmm....I wonder how close we could come to clearing the step up with Jeff's rental......) :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
How about the grass track, better yet, Patman's trials demonstration! :aj: :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm seeing a vision here, a vision of a rental car flying through the air over the step up with Patman naked on the hood and BSWIFT driving! :scream: ACCKKKKKKKKK!!!!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
No, they are centered around reality! :moon: ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
There's going to be 100+ vechicles with keys in them there and you think your going to have rent one? See what riding an RM does to you? It makes you have to worry about having a reliable backup. :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The Michigan crew showed up to DW '02 with two RVs and had no problem getting a ride to town for supplies.  In fact one DRNer allowed a complete stranger take his new truck to pick up a bike - thanks again MX 727.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
DOH! That will teach me to try and cheap out on the speed reading course! :confused:

I do hear rental cars are good for traction. Just tell them the rubber "stripes" are a value added feature, or that you hit a really big bug.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I was going to split a room and car with Pvt. Joker. Didnt really want to ride doubles.

It looks things are coming together. Got a tent and air mattress and it sounds like I can take just about anybodys vehicle.

I took all the dual sport equip off when I broke the switch. I guess I need to get off my butt and fix it.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Good call, Jeff. Too much camraderie to miss out on at camp. Depending on who comes with me, I may have room in my tent trailer, too. There's no way you'll be uncomfortable, unless of course you do like I did & decline offers to stay in people's RV. I say ditch the tent & mattress. You won't need them.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by zio
Too much camraderie to miss out on at camp...I did & decline offers to stay in people's RV. I say ditch the tent & mattress. You won't need them.

Zio's right.  You could show up Broke, homeless and bikeless and it would still be the best week of your life.  You'd end up full, drunk, and tired from riding everyone else's bikes, eating their food, and drinking their beer!  It's awesome.  The atmosphere and friendliness is unbelievable.  I'm ready to go tomorrow.

Plus, you definately don't want to miss the late night camp fire action!  :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Or cooler raids ...

or Sarge conversations ... :p

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Or cooler raids ... 

In preparation for DW03, I've started leaving my cooler outside.  You can't believe how loud the hinges are. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom