How many 4 strokes will DNF the last 2 races?

How many thumper DNFs at the last two nationals.

• 1-3

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • 4-6

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • 7-10

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • >10

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Zero

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
a good mate of mine is watching his national dreams taking a bit of a dive this week with his 450 letting go

so here is my Poll, Hey Nikki can we get any odds on this????

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I suppose you intentionally left None out of the choices?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
I suppose you intentionally left None out of the choices?

nope, not intentionally- sorry- can you edit it and put none in for me? i dont know how.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I'm going to guess that the number of 4-stroke DNF's will be roughly equal to the number of 2-strokes in the top 10.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whether they blow up or not, there'll be more four strokes qualifying than two strokes.

cuz two strokes suck.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
None.

Pred, you crack me up!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Easy there sewer rat.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Wait a minute Bruce. Weren't you considering buying a 450F not too long ago because "everyone else had one"?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I think Rodney King said it best...

or maybe War in "Why Can't We Be Friends"

OH yeah, 4-6 more of those short-lived grenades will go down

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Do you ever get tired of stirring up crap Bruce?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I thought MC was going to ride a 450?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
So how many was it?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Supposedly MC damaged his headpipe in his moto 1 crash. Then they replaced the headpipe, but sounds like the bolts were damaged as well and the mounting bolts sheared off in moto 2 (according to someone who was at Steel City and saw that bike). So doesn't sounds like a motor related DNF, but an exhaust/bolt related DNF. Not sure DV's deal, but the bike was pushed off the track.

This poll kinda sucks because we won't really know the exact reason why each rider didn't complete all of their laps. Could be a 4-stroke motor problem, or exhaust, or radiator/coolant, or flat tire, or broken chain/hub/rim, or fried/malfunctioning clutch, or transmission/shifting issues, or ingition, or a seal leak, or broken/bent bars, or defective controls (brakes, throttle, clutch, etc.), or a rock hole to a case/hose/etc., or an injury, or heat exhaustion, or dehydration, or something in their goggles, or out of gas, or...............

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Cause doesn't matter, because by comparing the two in the exact same circumstances, it's all fair. Do you really think a 4 stroke has a higher likelihood of tearing off a radiator hose or having a rock go through a tranny case? If 4 stroke riders become dehydrated more easily, then the bike's doing it to them...lol. It's just data, baby.

BTW, the uninvolved observer couldn't possibly know the exact cause of a thumper going down the tubes.

To be fair, none of the above is true unless there are equal numbers of 2's and 4's. ;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
MC - not a 4-stroke engine failure:

Racer X: Well, number two still lives, right?
Jeremy McGrath: [Laughs] Yep, number two lives. Thankfully! That fifteenth in the first moto were the hardest six points I ever got, but it was well worth it. Come the second moto, I was running good until I had the head pipe pop off when I cased a jump. I was right there in fifth, so I was happy with the way I was riding.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom