jds22

Nov 5, 2001
Just saw a Husky for sale on the side of the road. Gonna stop by at lunch to check it out. I don't know a thing about these bikes. How are they? Reliable, handling, power? I don't know what size or model this one is, but any info would be great.

Thanks,
Jerry:confused:

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
jds22...
Geez! Where to start...I've been a Husky owner for twenty some-odd years, so I am a little biased. Besides the basic condition, previous owner's riding style(hard/racing?), etc.etc.etc. is what "you" are looking for in a bike.

Not everyone can ride a Husky - or any Euro ride for that matter. It's safe to say, that if you are used to riding Jap-bikes, you will find a Euro ride awkard and uncomfortable - although they seem to be coming around to the US type of handling characteristics.

Huskies are just plain "sexy.":D They have a look, and personality all their own. They are, from personal experience, bullet proof. And, when the terrain and weather get nasty, and the guys on the jap-bikes are calling it quits, the Husky comes alive! Good Luck!

Aloooha:)
TrailTramp
98'Husky
87'Husky
74'Husky

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I have to agree about the Euro bike thing, it is a style. If you really love the feel of a Jap dirt bike you might not like a KTM or Husqvarna. Personally I love the Euro bike feel. Not quite as hyperactive. I love my Husky, I was planning to buy another KTM. But got such a good deal on the Husky I couldn't pass it up and now I plan on making my next bike another Husky.

The only problem I've had is the locking device for the nut on the clutch basket cam loose. It appears the guy who had it before me took the clutch apart and didn't get it back right. I've heard a few people complain about the suspension on the Husky, but mine is fine. It seems a little harsh compared to the enduro bikes I use to have, but my Husky is an MX bike.

Parts aren't as easy to get as the Jap bikes, or KTMS, but still not hard to come by. I just order what ever I need from Summit Racing in MO.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
I also have been a Husky rider for alot of years like ToddHawaii. All have been 4strokes beginning with an '85 510XC then an '89 510XC and now a '00 610TE. They were all bullet proof bikes but yes at times hard to start. The first two bikes were 'desert' bikes and their steering geometry made them a real handfull in the woods and the seat heights were extremely 'tall':eek: . I am 'in-love' with the '00 610. It is very powerful yet not unpredictable in the slow tight trails and it "TURNS"...yeehaa. I still can't get used to the noisy trans/clutch but have been told by numerous shops and individuals that it's normal for that bike. Bottom line... I would buy another Husky without hesitation:) :)

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
Hi all! I would like your folks opinon the wr250 Husky thay look like a great bike, how thay handle, how thay last , fit and finish, any thing you can offer would be great thanks Keith.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom