Kintan

Nov 30, 1999
I took the plunge and ordered the 360 today going to trade off the 426.Its not that I don't like the 426 I just think it will suite my needs better,mostly ride tight single track on Vancouver island with the occasional motocross track.Any oppions on the bike such as setup, jetting etc I ride at sea level to 3000 feet and weigh 190 to 200 lbs in gear.The lighter wieght should be a real bonus the only thing I think I will miss is the engine braking.Also any idea on range with the stock fuel tank?
thanks
Dave

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I have an older Husky 360WXE, It is an enduro bike like the current WR, however mine (the wxe) has a close ratio trans.

I installed a 39mm Kehin PWK carb, which took a little work to get right, as it was larger than stock and the intake needed to be ported to match.

I installed a FMF pipe, it made a huge difference in top end power.

I installed Boyseyn reeds, They helped a little.

I installed a motocross silencer, that helped the power too, however I ended up modifying the stock enduro silencer with larger internals for quiet power.

I ported my cylinder for more top end, same as the newer Husky's.

I installed Pro Taper bars, they helped the vibration. As did the tall softer seat foam. Vibes are not a problem now.

I milled the head, and installed the thinnest cylinder base gasket, as there was far too much squish clearance. The new engines should be much better.

I can safely go 70 miles between fillups if I manage my right hand. If not, I can go 50 to 60 miles. I like to ride at a good pace (faster than my ability) so I suspect that 100 miles would be possible if I were just cruising. I did jet my bike 1 size leaner than perfect on the pilot jet and I keep the Idle screw slightly lean too. This helps with fuel economy without risking anything.

If you have any questions E-mail me at cujet@aol.com and make sure to mention HUSKY in your header or I will not read it, too much junk mail lately.

Chris

bud

Jun 29, 1999
The 02 360 is an awesome bike. It's very strong off the bottom as you would expect and moves into the mid range without much hit. Very smooth usable power all the way thru. It revs out at about what I would consider 2/3 throttle on a 250.

The suspension on the bike I rode seemed a bit harsh in the middle of the travel, but mine did too when I first got it.

It turns well, and feels perfect opening the throttle in a rut or berm.

It's a handful and then some in tight slippery conditions, but when there's good traction they can make awesome single track bikes, assuming the right rider is on board :D.

The jetting will depend on what fuel you are running, but I think the stock jetting is close for pump fuel.

I think Cujet is about right on the range of the stock tank.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom