Husqvarna WR 125- opinions please...

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
My son races one and he likes it but some family matters have kept him off of it most of the season so I can't comment to much on it.

My stepson has raced a 250 Husky for the past two years and really likes it. I think they are a good bike and if they made a 200 I would consider buying one.

Last edited:

robj

Oct 31, 2000
Joe, I used to ride a converted 98 YZ125 then switched to a 2001 WR125. It took a while to set it up properly - jetting (dropped the needle and went a grade hotter on the plug) and rock hard suspension (hence revalved front and rear, now very plush, also 10mm lower seatheight) . I've put on a Doma pipe and silencer. And that's it. Power and handling are superb. The top end is comparable with the YZ but the Husky has loads more usable bottom and mid range. Straight off the handling felt pretty different to the YZ: taller seat, more upright position, longer, steers slightly slower but more stable. It just took a bit of getting used to - I prefer it now to the yam. It's well made and easy to work on. UFO and Acerbis make aftermarket plastics and handguards, you can get hold of a few different pipes, FBF make trick parts, you can get a 150 big bore conversion and big tanks etc. These bikes are pretty popular on the continent so more aftermarket stuff is coming available. I've had no mechanical problems all year with it, only an unexplained smashed airbox which I found after a race. Maybe you could get a test ride near you and compare it with the EXC or a TM. It's worth noting that brand new ones come with a washer restrictor in the pipe which strangles the power, so check beforeahnd with the dealer so you don't get the wrong impression. Hope this helps.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I've got a '99 and it's a great little bike. The suspension is probably the only area I could complain about. Probably needs a revalve. Power is good. It has been through a fair amount of abuse and holds up well. Very, very easy to work on so far. If you get one get a '01 or '02 as I hear the suspension valving is much improved on those models. If you like 125's you'll definitely dig it.

Top Bottom